Looking For Intake Manifold Bolts

Trent_97

Dec 17, 2016
I would be interested in buying 1 or a couple of the intake manifold bolts for my 2006 mustang gt. I can literally not find them anywhere, I ordered 1 off of tasca.com and my order has been processing for 2 days!!!!! If anybody has any that there looking to sell help me out! I broke 1 of them.

• Sponsors (?)

Hi
Sorry to hear. Somebody else might send a 2006 4.6L GT Intake Bolt for you if they have them.
I apologize that I’m unable to as I’m out of town. In the meantime, I may be able to offer other options.
1) Call a local auto recycler, 2005-2009 Ford Crown Victoria’s (& other vehicles) with the 4.6L 3V motors share the same intake bolts as the GT, but are more plentiful, there. Bring a Bolt, they’ll match it up w/something.
2) Size is M6X62.5, bring a Bolt with you to a hardware store in the metric bolt section & match it up with one of your other bolts.
3) Ford’s part number is W709552 S437, you might get lucky with a few phone calls.
4) McMaster Carr has every Bolt size & material/type. Not a specific part for the app., but much stronger, I use stainless socket head cap screws. Another option.
This occurs frequently,, not TTY bolts, but are unusually brittle..No aftermarket kits available to my knowledge.
torque is 89 In/lbs (23 N.M.) ARP thread lube helps a bit.
Good luck!
-John

Hi
Sorry to hear. Somebody else might send a 2006 4.6L GT Intake Bolt for you if they have them.
I apologize that I’m unable to as I’m out of town. In the meantime, I may be able to offer other options.
1) Call a local auto recycler, 2005-2009 Ford Crown Victoria’s (& other vehicles) with the 4.6L 3V motors share the same intake bolts as the GT, but are more plentiful, there. Bring a Bolt, they’ll match it up w/something.
2) Size is M6X62.5, bring a Bolt with you to a hardware store in the metric bolt section & match it up with one of your other bolts.
3) Ford’s part number is W709552 S437, you might get lucky with a few phone calls.
4) McMaster Carr has every Bolt size & material/type. Not a specific part for the app., but much stronger, I use stainless socket head cap screws. Another option.
This occurs frequently,, not TTY bolts, but are unusually brittle..No aftermarket kits available to my knowledge.
torque is 89 In/lbs (23 N.M.) ARP thread lube helps a bit.
Good luck!
-John
I called local junkyard they said they had some crown Victoria's then proceeded to argue that the bolts wouldn't work because they didn't have the same motor

Quick update still nothing! Junkyards wont let me take just a bolt, napa an all hardware stores cant math because it's to long. I give up!
Trent,
Darn, they’re just plain arses at that boneyard. M6 x 0.1 x 62.5mm length.
Is there an automotive machine shop near where you live? Call & ask them as they tend to have a lot of hardware on hand.
Hardware stores may also have metric threaded rod, buy a piece, cut to length & use a Nut & washer to get you by.
Is this a broken bolt preventing you from driving the car? Which location is it in?
-John

Its bolt number 2 in the tightening order, I could drive it like a granny I just get OCD about fixing stuff the right way. And yes the junkyard wouldn't let me touch just the bolt. Every bolt in hardware store is to short or to big...

Hi Trent,
Fixing it the right way is the only way. Clever fills the gaps in- between to keep the world up & running in unanticipated scenarios.
Wish I were home, i’d have sent one..
As it’s Bolt #2, intake center, it’s not near water passages, o-ringed & has other fasteners partially sharing the load. If it were mine, I’d drive it lightly. I’m not making your decision, recommending anything. I’m relaying what I’d feel ok with and why.
I still believe a local automotive machine shop may have one, if not, something that you’ll walk out with that’ll work for you.
You must’ve extracted the broken fastener fully or you wouldn’t just be seeking this, bring it in with you wherever you go to verify threads as correct. See below.
These brittle intake bolts snap all the time, remain notoriously difficult to locate online expeditiously. Faster on foot, Home Depot, Tractor supply, Lowe’s or a similar hardware store will have M6 x 1 threaded rod sections 12”+ long (enough to make (4)). Verify threads as correct with a nut they have on your broken bolt, and the threaded rod.
Cut with a hack saw slightly longer than needed. Part spec.is 62.5mm long (2.46 Inches, cut it 2-3/4”).
Thread (2) nuts on & lock them together. That will allow you to thread it in & snug it up, use (2) flat washers underneath. That will provide a more than adequate repair until you receive OE replacement. Call a local Ford dealer in the AM & tell them to order a set for you.
Tasha has parts, long time to receive, IMO.
Another route for the bolt(s). Plug in the part # W709552 S437.
Hope this helps, Good luck!
-John

Hi Trent,
Fixing it the right way is the only way. Clever fills the gaps in- between to keep the world up & running in unanticipated scenarios.
Wish I were home, i’d have sent one..
As it’s Bolt #2, intake center, it’s not near water passages, o-ringed & has other fasteners partially sharing the load. If it were mine, I’d drive it lightly. I’m not making your decision, recommending anything. I’m relaying what I’d feel ok with and why.
I still believe a local automotive machine shop may have one, if not, something that you’ll walk out with that’ll work for you.
You must’ve extracted the broken fastener fully or you wouldn’t just be seeking this, bring it in with you wherever you go to verify threads as correct. See below.
These brittle intake bolts snap all the time, remain notoriously difficult to locate online expeditiously. Faster on foot, Home Depot, Tractor supply, Lowe’s or a similar hardware store will have M6 x 1 threaded rod sections 12”+ long (enough to make (4)). Verify threads as correct with a nut they have on your broken bolt, and the threaded rod.
Cut with a hack saw slightly longer than needed. Part spec.is 62.5mm long (2.46 Inches, cut it 2-3/4”).
Thread (2) nuts on & lock them together. That will allow you to thread it in & snug it up, use (2) flat washers underneath. That will provide a more than adequate repair until you receive OE replacement. Call a local Ford dealer in the AM & tell them to order a set for you.
Tasha has parts, long time to receive, IMO.
Another route for the bolt(s). Plug in the part # W709552 S437.
Hope this helps, Good luck!
-John
Thank you for the reply took Tasca almost 2 weeks to make it here an it finally did, un tightened them all then tightened back in sequence!

Hi Trent,
Glad to hear!. Tasca was actually quicker than I’d anticipated, but happy to hear that, lol. I’m sure you’re relieved that’s done & over with, only thing I’d found overnight was a complete stainless fastener kit for your car for near 240$, pretty ridiculous.
The bolts are the identical for the Crown Vic., if it’s an ex police 4.6L, (P71) the Intake bolts are the same.The normal Crown Vic intakes differ, but there are (4) bolts that will reach. Still can’t believe that boneyard wouldn’t let you touch it. What’d they want, you to buy the motor? lol. “1 intake Bolt?”, “800$ please”.. Whaaaaaaat?
It’s a bit unusual that specific part is not available, what’s so special about it, nothing I could find. I had thought maybe saying look for someone that very recently bought an intake for an 05’-09’ Mustang on Stangnet, and message them asking for a Bolt from the original.
I’d found a few buddies of mine that work at Ford dealerships, saying the same- 2-5 days for an intake Bolt, said what I told you, as long as it’s not a Water passage, it’s fine to run it for a while, as long as the cars warm when you start driving, heats expanded things & the seal is good. And you’re not beating on it. Obviously.
Sorry I couldn’t help more! Threaded rod & locknuts would have been my approach. Now it’s right. No worries!
Happy a holidays to you & yours, Trent!
Good luck!
-John