Mustang II clutch fork

Gael

Founding Member
Jan 26, 2002
Tucson, AZ
Does anyone have a picture of their clutch fork? I need a pic of the Mustang II one with the rad 4, not any other.

Also, does anyone by any miracle have one that's in good shape? I'm wondering if that's the cause of my clutch tension issues.

Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

best I have, but probably not the rigth angle for you...

m2bell.jpg

Do you guys think it's possible that my clutch fork may be getting weakened?

I'm trying to figure out ideas for what could cause such weak clutch pedal tension on my car. It takes 0 effort to push it.

Gael said:
Do you guys think it's possible that my clutch fork may be getting weakened?

I'm trying to figure out ideas for what could cause such weak clutch pedal tension on my car. It takes 0 effort to push it.

The resistance is caused by the springs in the pressure plate. My guess is the pressure plate is going bad. Other than the weak pedal pressure, have you noticed any other problems when you drive it? Any slipping when you start off or accelerate?

Just because the clutch feels easier to press in doesn't make it a bad clutch. By design, It could have been made to feel easier. Is the clutch actually slipping when you accelerate it hard?

Put in a Centerforce II clutch in my friends' Ranger 4WD years back and it did seem to feel easier to operate. Could be the design... :shrug:

Just before the clutch cable broke in my V6 4 speed II, the pedal felt spongy and soft when depressed.... until it actually broke I was dumbfounded.

If anything else, it does sound like a weak pressure plate.

its not uncommon with yrs of abuse for the fork to bend forward over time..
i have heard that the clutch your using has a softer feel to it..

this is my clutch fork in good working shape.

Attachments

• mii clutch fork.jpg
    mii clutch fork.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 292
  • clutch fork.jpg
    clutch fork.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 307