Mustang5l5's Progress Thread - Archived Progress thread '08-'20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need this:

1579652064070.png
I want this but yes too much work, it would sit in the show cabinet.

• Sponsors (?)

You probably do, but i still have another $1-2K in parts i need to buy to finish this car off the way I want. So it will need to wait.

I wouldn't mind knocking off a few more pounds off the front end though
I hear ya, unfortunately my dollar amount is WAY more than that:( I've had this GT40 for several years, was gonna use it on my current build but changed my mind. These things are so cool I'll probably just paint it up nice and hang it in the man cave.

I mean...if you guys are willing to let them go for the stangnet discount, i would consider it. ;)

But of course, we all know the value of them so i don't expect anyone to take a loss or not realize full market value for them

How did I ruin a raffle?
I actually have one on the exxon valdez, a tubular upper I traded with another member, a ported lower, and a explorer upper and lower, I also have the cobra intake that is bolted to the vert it originally came with. Oh, and about 4 or 5 stock intakes.
I will be installing the ported lower and the upper I got in a trade on the exxon valdez and then I may sell the one I remove or keep it for wall art :shrug: . The explorer intake I believe will go on the stunt double.
The rumor about a collection has been greatly exaggerated.
I do have an extensive collection of nuts, bolts and screws though.
BTW, I am in need of a cover for my tubular intake.

Ok, moving forward.

Replacing the rear main seal. I had maybe 1k miles on it, and it leaked a little. I got a sleeve, but mixed opinions on the sleeve. Should I?

Pilot bearing? Replace or let it go? Again...1k miles on it.

Cause you traded a member a cobra for a tubular, he was considering a raffle before said trade :D
99C235BF-5460-4F70-B536-FCDA398AFB15.jpeg

:demon:
There was fair amount of cash involved in this transaction too.
Ok, moving forward.

Replacing the rear main seal. I had maybe 1k miles on it, and it leaked a little. I got a sleeve, but mixed opinions on the sleeve. Should I?

Pilot bearing? Replace or let it go? Again...1k miles on it.
Use the sleeve, did it come with the seal?

There was fair amount of cash involved in this transaction too.

Use the sleeve, did it come with the seal?
Well, I’m glad to hear you made some nice coin on that exchange :D
For real though,I’m just messing with ya, no ill will is intended.

And Mike sorry for derailing in your thread, fortunately I know you’ll clean it up , but for what it’s worth I was having issues with new rear main seals leaking when I was having multi trans issues etc. the sleeve took care of it.

And Mike sorry for derailing in your thread, fortunately I know you’ll clean it up , but for what it’s worth I was having issues with new rear main seals leaking when I was having multi trans issues etc. the sleeve took care of it.

Usually when i get bored i go back and delete chit chat and banter. This thread is pretty long and started in 2008? So any newcomers i just want them to read myp progress

Reactions: 1 user
Well, I’m glad to hear you made some nice coin on that exchange :D
For real though,I’m just messing with ya, no ill will is intended.

It cost me money to get that trade done!
Mike: if the tob ain't nicked up and rolls smooth just jam some grease in there and run it.

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 1 user
Got the engine off the stand. This cradle is sweet. I added some casters and it rolls around very easily on the floor.

DBE12303-C99C-49E4-A478-336995CEE60A.jpeg

So I’ll plug away at this end getting the bellhousing all bolted up and ready to go. Nice to not have to do it while hanging on a hoist

A5F3C0A9-9DB3-4130-8FD1-C721558ABA60.jpeg

Since the stand was free, I bolted up a spare bellhousing and mounted my next patient up. I’m gonna open it up and take a peek. 1k miles since I rebuilt this ex-4cyl t5 with new 90+ v8 gears. Has some slight leaks so I want to reseal it

03132B02-BB56-4D27-859D-15634DD938D1.jpeg

• Winner
Reactions: 7 users
Status
Not open for further replies.