Mustang5l5's Progress Thread - Archived Progress thread '08-'20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

Don't waste your time trying to clean those up, if their condition was falsely advertised then I would ask for a full refund.
As a side note, the crossover tubes can be replace with fuel grade hose and efi clamps, that's what I did to widen the rails
for my 393w build.

Seller claims they are usable and wasn’t misrepresented. I told him they should have gone in the trash.

I’m returning them anyway.
I’ve learned with PayPal so harp on the fact that the part isn’t used as received. I had an issue with a abs manifold I received one time, threads were dog :poo:. PayPal tried to say the part wasn’t “significantly different that as described.” When I mentioned the part wasn’t useable they gave me my money back, after they closed my case the first time.

Exactly what I’ll claim too. I realize eBay/PayPal tends to side with buyers most of the time. In this case though that part is junk.

I’m in a mood today. Vendor shipped me $50k of product at work and nobody can find it. Only person who seems interested in finding it is me.

I’m about to punch babies

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
It's junk. Would clog the pintle in the injectors in no time. Explorer rails won't work. They are oriented to the passenger side. That is caused by the ethanol mix in the fuel. Eats up anything steel over time. Glad we have ethanol free gas at Royal Farms here in VA.

Aftermarket rails are becoming our only real option.

Well, here I am bumming, and this box shows up. Made my night. Preordered this a year ago.

F0378DA2-0474-4F1F-9EF8-DA33B95091C8.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
Ok, I’ve cooled down.
Changing gears, I’ve decided I will run the ATS brembos along with the Taurus 43mm rear calipers.

However, they won’t clear my current wheels. They will clear the 98 Cobras, but those aren’t my “forever wheel”. I have an 18” wheel in mind. But that comes later.

Anyway, I want to paint them up first. Most likely red, but maybe black.

I want to install the same vinyl graphics on my current C6 calipers.

So what scheme?

Full size brembo?
7D512D64-75EA-4B27-BEAA-FEE59FB4D65F.jpeg

Smaller brembo with small pony
2C304B60-747D-48B2-B211-BD3069AF56A3.jpeg

Or large solo pony
AF3DFC6B-A276-4136-BF24-593AA3E94617.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.