My new ride!!

68stang351

Founding Member
May 16, 2002
Savoy TX
They let me keep it for tonight, and I seal the deal for sure tomorrow morning!
Some pics

Attachments

• 04 rear.jpg
    04 rear.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 129
  • 04 front.jpg
    04 front.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 143
  • Sponsors (?)

more

04 GT Five speed fully optioned, with Mach stereo system, and it already saves me the money of buying flowmasters because it already has them, but it's otherwise stock with 34k.
Traded in my Chevy for it so now my driveway is straightened up now with all fords again.

Attachments

• 04 leftside.jpg
    04 leftside.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 136
  • 04 rightside.jpg
    04 rightside.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 137
has it had the transmission repair done. there is a TSB issued for the cluck and hard shifting when cold. i sold my 02 because i was out of warranty and couldn't get the fix. did lose a lot of respect for ford over that car. they didn't issue the TSB until maybe mid year 2004. so i had already raked the miles. however i did have in for service for the noise and hard shifting. Ford garage told me this was normal from the 3650s. i disagreed, but at the time the TSB hadn't been released.

just a heads up.

has it had the transmission repair done. there is a TSB issued for the cluck and hard shifting when cold. i sold my 02 because i was out of warranty and couldn't get the fix. did lose a lot of respect for ford over that car. they didn't issue the TSB until maybe mid year 2004. so i had already raked the miles. however i did have in for service for the noise and hard shifting. Ford garage told me this was normal from the 3650s. i disagreed, but at the time the TSB hadn't been released.

just a heads up.

Thanks!

19stang66 said:
That's a beautiful color for that car! What color is it?

Thanks! Its sonic blue, I've been thinking about this color for my 68 (with black c stripes and GT hood stripes) for a couple of years now.

just a heads up.

I had a TSB on my '01. I was out of warranty but still within the TSB coverage. The biggest problem was some service manager a-hole at one dealer said there wasn't a TSB. I took it to a bigger Orlando dealer, and the first guy I talked to knew of the TSB off the top of his head. Cost me nothing.

My dad has an '01 Grand Marquis which had the TSB about the plastic coolant crossover just like the Mustangs. He didn't have a failure, but when he took it to the Lincoln/Merc dealer they noticed he was almost out of the covered mileage so they replaced it. Wrote it up as "Customer reported coolant leak":cool:

I think a lot of it falls on the dealers to look out for their customers.

Just put in the Mach 1 grill delete today! Also I installed a strut tower brace last week.

I love Sonic Blue.:nice:
My sister wants the Grill Delete I have from my '01 put on her '01. But I haven't had time, and I've never seen her use a wrench.:nonono: