N/A holley 500 2 barrel users

garry

Apr 6, 2003
What mods and what jet sizes are you guys running I just want a starting point. I dont live in a big city so im gonna order a pile of jets at once i just need a base idea.

• Sponsors (?)

I have already done all the mods I have the vent whistle centre hung bowl and a 5.5 power valve as well as a 4.5 and 6.5. My cam wont idle under 100rpm so i will be fine for my idle, I also have jets from 60-75 but I just wanted so info on what other mods and jets other people have just to get a stating point.

The high idle is a must my cam has 290 duration its awefully lumpy. I was just wondering if others are running one what mods and what jets, kinda a curiousity question.

garry, how does the 2.3 like the carb. does the rpms come up quick?and how does it run on the street?i was thinking of building a 2.3 for drag racing with nitrous.port the hell out of the head,500 carb,forge pistons,goood cam and suspension.any help would be good!

garry, how does the 2.3 like the carb. does the rpms come up quick?and how does it run on the street?i was thinking of building a 2.3 for drag racing with nitrous.port the hell out of the head,500 carb,forge pistons,goood cam and suspension.any help would be good!

The car isnt done yet but with any luck it will be running by the weekend. I took an N/A shortblock in excellent shape (still see the crosshatches) and put on a head that is shaved 40 with a cam that has around 500 lift cant recall and 290 duration efi manifold with 2" spacer and the holley 500 on it. Im looking for a header but if I cant then I will steal the one of my girlfriends car. Once I get it dialed in I am going to put on nitrous, and ya I know cast piston+nos=BOOM. I guess I will be the first to know when too much is too much. :D

i to bought the 2'' spacer for my other car, but i went the other route and put a 5.0 in it. i also have a long tube header and ajustable cam sprocket. my 87 has pro stars 4:10s ,big vam, aremotive reg.,brown tops, lb3 comp. and 5 speed. i have complete turbo set up waiting to go on with volvo i/c.but i still want a badass nitrous injected carb. 2.3.

theres a chance i might. where are you located?i had plans to put it on the carb motor i want to build,but they [racer walsh]makes an 1 5/8s long tube for production cars [mustang].the one i have is 1 1/2 long tube put said to flow very good on the 2.3. i noticed a big inprovement when it was on my other car. it wasnt no race car but it was better then the manifold.

Damn rednecks are great to deal with. I just traded a beat to crap 85 chev 4x4 straight across for an 88 tc with 145,000 kms. It cant be registered cause it was an abandoned vehicle and the vin has been flagged, I wish I had taken pics of the truck I traded for, just to give you an idea of what the truck is worth, it took 3 litres of oil to drive 75 miles and the guy I got it from was happy to trade the truck for a91 topaz I bought for 400 CDN. :rlaugh: