Fox Na 306 E7te Heads 368hp/363tq

• Sponsors (?)

Intake was massaged at the TB interface to match up with 75mm Accufab. Once it was angle milled and shaved to fit in the valley the port alignment was dead nuts. Of course, the guy that did the heads (whole motor) had the intake before the porting began, so, that likely played a role.

If I can make power to 6k with my build I'll be stoked. Lol. I'm amazed at your build. I love "different" builds. Where do you plan on shifting? You're running 1/4 not 1/8 mile track correct? Is your powerband that high(5-7k)? 56's are awful steep. I assume you're going to run a 28" tire. 26" would be to short IMO. Obviously 1st is useless lol but that thing should love 3-4th gear.

Reactions: 1 user
Never mind my rpm ? I looked back at your graph. Speaking of which, that graph looks funny, not only do you have the torque dip but that's also where the hp takes off. Not a linear movement. Almost like hitting a small nitrous shot(not saying you are. It just reminds me of that). On your new tune up does it still show a similiar graph? Just curious.

tuner says the dip was unable to be rectified... but that was something we discussed before the tune. At that time he said some combos are just like that. At any rate his comments today were "must be cam or head related". Cam is a little silly and heads have baby 140cc ports. Gotta be a trade off somewhere.
Pick up the car tomorrow morning, will post the sheet.
Car "should" run 114mph in the 1/4... previous tune showed shift point handy 7200rpm... 26" tire and 4.56's look right... , once I get new data I'll spend some time looking it over. Betting it's there or possibly a little more north. Setup prefers to be over 2000rpm, and is happiest above 2500. Short block and valve train are ok with 8000rpm shift points, so not too concerned about living in that neighbourhood.
n2o, funny, engine builder soooo wants to do a hidden setup. I do not want to cage/bar to be track legal, so, it'll stay n/a.

I forgot you're running an R block(if memory serves). And if you're making power that high then hellz yes 56's ftw! I was initially thinking you had a 6800rpm limit. I'd love to get a ride in it. Lol. Very cool. Oh and if you were a "grudge"/street racer a hidden shot would be some fun. Possibly run some 10's with e7 heads(as if 11's aren't jaw dropping)...well let's say a few people would/will be surprised. Congrats on the build. Very cool IMO.

I like what you've accomplished.. although I have to admit it leaves me scratching my head a bit. Why an R block If you don't want to hit it with nitrous or boost it? Also, did I read correctly that you have a twin disc clutch? I do understand the shaft mount rockers for high rpm though.. It seems as if you loaded for bear and went rabbit hunting, so to speak.. You have some really expensive parts in that car that will easily make 50-100% more than what you currently are, when paired with other race parts. Were you initially shooting for more, and then decided to go with the sleeper motif?

I like it sleeper built bulletproof.

I'm not saying it's not a sleeper or it's not bullet proof. I'm saying it's like moving into a nice neighborhood and building a nuclear fallout bunker to live in... next to the house with the white picket fence...

What I'm asking is.... why?

I like what you've accomplished.. although I have to admit it leaves me scratching my head a bit. Why an R block If you don't want to hit it with nitrous or boost it? Also, did I read correctly that you have a twin disc clutch? I do understand the shaft mount rockers for high rpm though.. It seems as if you loaded for bear and went rabbit hunting, so to speak.. You have some really expensive parts in that car that will easily make 50-100% more than what you currently are, when paired with other race parts. Were you initially shooting for more, and then decided to go with the sleeper motif?

I'm not saying it's not a sleeper or it's not bullet proof. I'm saying it's like moving into a nice neighborhood and building a nuclear fallout bunker to live in... next to the house with the white picket fence...

What I'm asking is.... why?

It does seem a bit counter-productive to assemble a race motor only to choke it down with a set of overworked E7s. Nitrous my ass. A little air an it'll feel like it's coming out of a slingshot.

Was it just to see how far it would go? Some race bracket that's stock headed (but after-market everything else)? Show a cheap set of Chinese crap heads that kind of love. :D

Great thread. I like stop in to see what's happening with this project when I see an update. :)

It does seem a bit counter-productive to assemble a race motor only to choke it down with a set of overworked E7s. Nitrous my ass. A little air an it'll feel like it's coming out of a slingshot.

Was it just to see how far it would go? Some race bracket that's stock headed (but after-market everything else)? Show a cheap set of Chinese crap heads that kind of love. :D

Great thread. I like stop in to see what's happening with this project when I see an update. :)

There's a guy here that owns a machine shopand races stock class mustangs. He has a 68 fastback with a 428 he races, but his brother races stock foxes. In that class they have to use E7 heads.. and working them over those cars are scraping low 11s, high 10s. Factory heads. There are porting techniques they've let me in on, but threatened me with death if i revealed.. haha..

Anyway, in their case i can understand it... here not so much.

20 years ago Bob Cosby and others running factory stock were working magic with stock E7's. Biut agreed, now that we have such an array of aftermarket heads available that can outperform most any E7 head, it does make me wonder as well. Amazing numbers but for $4-5000 for heads seems a tad excessive.

why?
because I wanted to do something that would be unique.
I could ask why a blower/turbo/363/9.2 deck block when that is the easy way to make power?
dyno%20001_zpsfscw5mkm.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

Seems like I remember him saying that ising the E7s was simply something he wanted to try and accomplish....kind of trying to do what most others can't.

As for the R block, I would imagine that is to help survive the higher rpms he is seeing. Also, I have read several post by Woody where he accredits good ring seal for being worth more than most realize. He also makes the point of saying that an aftermarket block does not twist like a stock block and ring seal will normally be better. In the same post he said that if all things were equal, he believed the aftermarket block would make more power due to these benefits.

Soory OP, I may be giving a much different reason for why you have done what you did, but I understand why you have done it and think that it is pretty cool.

Joe

Reactions: 1 users
Seems like I remember him saying that ising the E7s was simply something he wanted to try and accomplish....kind of trying to do what most others can't.

As for the R block, I would imagine that is to help survive the higher rpms he is seeing. Also, I have read several post by Woody where he accredits good ring seal for being worth more than most realize. He also makes the point of saying that an aftermarket block does not twist like a stock block and ring seal will normally be better. In the same post he said that if all things were equal, he believed the aftermarket block would make more power due to these benefits.

Soory OP, I may be giving a much different reason for why you have done what you did, but I understand why you have done it and think that it is pretty cool.

Joe
Agreed