Need a radiator

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome aboard

US Radiator has mustang ii v6 radiators in copper/ brass
Kind of spendy though, Yours might be able to be rebuilt/recored for cheaper, and be original tanks to boot?
of course after some black spray paint they all look the same pretty much
Not sure of interchangeability ( < I get extra scrabble points for using 18 letter word)

Post a pic of your mustang/ first car, we love seeing them here and like helping fellow mustangers
When you say survivor car we get excited.

A V8 radiator might work. I guess it would depend on 2 factors: the diameters of the hoses and the orientation of the inlet/outlets on the radiator. Here's a stock pic of the 8 cylinder radiator to assist with the orientation question. A quick search and comparison on an auto parts site like OReilly's could probably yield the diameters. :shrug:

Screenshot_20200603-184622.jpg

As far as where to pick up a replacement, I was able to pick one up from an O'Reilly's years ago and it's what's still in my car. I honestly couldn't tell you if they're still available or not now though. The above pic was taken from Champion radiator's website. This one is obviously aluminum....

I'll tag @jozsefsz since he still runs a 6, he may have a better answer than I.

The first photo was my first car. A 78 with the ralley package. Did a dumb thing and parked it in the bottom of my barn after 189000 miles then sold it for scrap. The second is the one I found. It’s a 1 family owned car till I purchased it. It’s as close to mine that I will find

Awesome
Right on thank you!

Thats a good looking mustang!

The pink lace is a nice touch. Did ya get to kiss her after she toilet papered your car (eventually not right then)

As far as where to pick up a replacement, I was able to pick one up from an O'Reilly's years ago and it's what's still in my car. I honestly couldn't tell you if they're still available or not now though. The above pic was taken from Champion radiator's website. This one is obviously aluminum.... I'll tag @jozsefsz since he still runs a 6, he may have a better answer than I.

Hey @LILCBRA I hope you've been well my brother. I dug through my old e-mails and it was 2014 when I picked my radiator up at RockAuto. It was the part below.
I don't see that they carry it any longer. Finding a non-aluminum one is getting to be a challenge. The v8 radiator is a few inches wider than the v6. The hose locations roughly line up, though not sure if the hose sizes would. That would also cause issues with the fitment of the shroud if you're going for a stock look.

US Radiator did seem like a good source. There are a few used ones on eBay, and of course old-fashioned radiator repair could be done too. Me, personally, these aren't million-dollar collector cars. The aluminum is a nice upgrade for cooling and will be less prone to corroding away. There's also this if you care about the appearance of stock: https://www.eastwood.com/ew-radiator-black-12oz-satin-finish.html

PRO​
8010421Radiator

Reactions: 1 users