Need an h-pipe

lookingforstang

Apr 14, 2008
Hey guys. Need a little help here. I've just bought a 90 model coupe with a salvage title. In order to pass the state inspection I need to have cats on the car. There doesn't seem to be any factory h-pipes left out there. Does anybody have one? I would love to buy one but if someone could just let me borrow one for the inspection that would be great. I would pay you for your trouble. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I say just buy a aftermarket h or x pipe with cats. Around here (cali) I've seen stock h pipes going for nearly 200 bucks. Why pay that much for stock stuff, when the cats are probably bad anyways. You will still have an issue passing smog. I barely passed smog when I had my stock h pipe on, then I got a magnaflow x with cats and it passed with flying colors- even better than my moms 97 toyota camry. Not only did I pass the sniffer but visual is no issue- plus it sounds awesome.

Evenutally you will want to upgrade your exhaust anyways. However, it would be nice to have an o/r h or x. My parents now live in a county where its only required to have a smog test when you sell your vehicle(instead of every two years), so I registered my car there. If I change to an o/r x I will only have to worry about a cop pulling me over and Citing me for no cats. EIther way, I love my x pipe even with the cats

I'm located in Chattanooga, TN. I only need to pass a visual. I've tried every junkyard in the area and noone has any h-pipes. Everyone I know have offroad pipes on their cars. It looks like I may have to buy an aftermarket h-pipe, I just hate to spend the money on something I'm never going to use again after inspection. I may not have a choice. Thanks to all of you for your responses. This is my first post on here and I have never received so much feedback so quickly on any other forum.