Need more power

huskerpower02

Aug 21, 2003
KS
Ill keep this one simple. With the mods i have in my sig, what do i need to put the smack down on a supercharged 95 v6 stang. I dont know how much boost hes running but i would probably say 6 psi. I could trade the 3:73's in for some 4:10's because i have an auto so thats not a problem. Im also 17 so try and keep the price down a little. But any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

-Drew

• Sponsors (?)

Ive seen a couple supercharged V6s. They arent that fast usually like mid to low 14s. Get an intake manifold and give it a shot. I dont know much about auto cars so im not sure what you should be running with ur mods.

huskerpower02 said:
Ill keep this one simple. With the mods i have in my sig, what do i need to put the smack down on a supercharged 95 v6 stang. I dont know how much boost hes running but i would probably say 6 psi. I could trade the 3:73's in for some 4:10's because i have an auto so thats not a problem. Im also 17 so try and keep the price down a little. But any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

-Drew
OT:There's a s/c V6 Stang around here? That catches my interest, I've never seen one of those in person :p

J

Down said:
OT:There's a s/c V6 Stang around here? That catches my interest, I've never seen one of those in person :p

J

Ya, well no actually. My friend is buying it from a buy in Blue Springs...Well heres the link to it

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...dvanced=n&start_year=1984&=&color=&cardist=32

Only reason im worrying about this is because hes EXTREMLY confident that he'll kick my a$$ bad. And the excuse of "Just let me put a supercharger on my car and see what happens" just isnt going to cut it. So it just looks like ill be buying a new intake (probably GT40) and a nice 100 shot of nitrous (probably zex) Anymore suggestions would be appreciated.

-Drew

I'd say an intake would be your next best option, Performer or Trick Flow. I bought my performer from Summit for $455 with free shipping. You'll also need the throttle body adapter, try looking in the classifieds.

If you already have gears, do not waste money on buying 4.10s. You are better off spending the money elsewere. Your sign says nothing about headers, as you know 5.0 headers are bad. New headers will get you 5-15hp through out the power band for a minimal investment. The pullies you have not installed yet? install them. They are worth 5-10 as well. Now you have about 20hp over normal. If you have more money to spend an intake manifold will be worth any where from 10-40hp depending on what you get. Now a 160hp car getting 8psi of boost is making about 250hp or about 215 at the wheels. Your mustang makes about 225hp stock or about 190hp at the wheels. With the pullies, the headers, and the exhaust mods in your sig you should be making 225 or more at the wheels. Add the intake and you are making 240hp at the wheels. that is enough to trounce the V-6 barring driving mistakes. So no worries.

Don't waste your money on headers, they are good enough. They are actually on of the better parts of our cars. If you had a 5-speed, I would think you could beat the kid, but the stock automatic makes it kind of iffy. Go for the pulleys. Don't get a set of sticky tires - they do nothing for a stock automatic because you cannot launch nearly as hard as a 5-speed. If your in need if new tires, maybe look at a set of Nitto's, but I wouldn't go out and look specifically for tires as a mod to get you to beat this guy. Nitrous is a good idea, but you should seriously consider upgrading the fuel system when using nitrous because of the risks involved. You have to run colder plugs, more fuel pressure and way less timing with nitrous. So you would basically have to tune your car to race, then tune it for the street. Kind of a PITA. I say try to find a used GT40 intake on eBay. They go for like ~$300 for the complete upper and lower. After the intake and pulleys, you should see about 240 RWHP and 300 RWTQ. That should be plenty to beat this dude.

Go over to the V6 forums and see what kind of times those guys are running with a supercharger, then we will be able to tell you what you need to do.

Joe

Dont waste your money on nitrous. if you want to do it the cheap way then why bother w/ Nitrous........do you think the bottle just automatically refills its self for free when you run out :shrug: . Its nothing but an ongoing expense to keep your bottle filled. Take the price of a nitrous system and add in how many times you have to fill it up in a yr and it will be way more then the cost of an Intake. Even if you dont use it very much to save on having to fill it up more often then why would you buy it in the first place if your not going to use it.

Get an Intake and a Bigger Mass air system pullies and some good DR's and you should be in the low 14's.

Thats what i would do.. spend 500 for a holley intake or something good and pickup about 25 horsepower. Why spend 450$ and buy a nitrous kit... you could only pickup about 150hp with it.

Is 30$ every now and then that hard to come up with?