need some help and info

buglore2

May 20, 2007
ok guys im finally going to build up my motor in my 94 gt 5 speed this is the combo im looking at having my local machine shop put in i would like opions and info on any additional parts i havent thought of needing yet and also if i will need to do a professional tune when its done

331 stroker kit
bbk ssi intake
70mm tb
afr 205 heads
not sure on cam yet
cold air intake kit
stock mass air
bbk headers and x pipe to a no cat exhaust

the machine shop said that i should probably get between 400-425 hp out of this combination does that sound about right

• Sponsors (?)

ok, i dont know much about putting together a stroker combo.. but, ive been reading here for about 2 years and i do know youre going to need a LOT bigger intake, tb, maf, and a huge custom grind cam to get numbers anywhere near 400. also, ive never seen anybody run 205's with such a small displacement. 400 is a pretty big goal for just a 331, not saying it cant be done. green92lx (sorry if i got it wrong) got around 450rwhp out of a 347. so... just read up on what others have done and the numbers they put out. good luck. also, welcome to stangnet!

well since this topic has been gone over 1000 times i doubt most of the really knowledgable guys will chime in. try the search. reliability will depend entirely on what parts you use and how well they go together, 16 cubes will not make a difference. from what ive read, the only reason id ever go 331 over 347 is if i was doing forced induction with a lot of boost.

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=665335
check out some of the links at the top for flow numbers on all your parts.