Need some ideas. Need to fix a loose tailpipe.

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
My passenger tailpipe has basically fallen out of the muffler. It's kinda my fault. When i installed my flowmaster cat-back, i positioned the tips so that they looked good...but failed to see the tailpipes would hit the axle over larger bumps.

Anyway after a few months of hitting the axle (because it was winter) and being annoyed with it it worked it's way loose and popped out because aparently i didn't slide it in far enough.

I took the tailpipe off so it wouldn't bang around.

I need to expand the pipe after the muffler so i can slide the tailpipe back in (this time deeper). It was crushed in when i put the muffler clamp on. Since only the hanger and H-pipe bolts are holding it on i will take the muffler off to do this. I do have access to a tailpipe expander, but it is a manual one and i couldn't get the pipe to expand at all really while i was under the car.

I need some ideas to work with.

I could go have a muffler shop do this, but i am the kind of person that likes to do things myself. After i fix this i will weld the tailpipe up once i am sure it will not hit the axle anymore.

• Sponsors (?)