Need Tires!

KTP Dave

Aug 26, 2004
I'm going bald. I need some tires for my '03 Cobra and I am really not apt to paying $250 a pop for the Goodyears. I didn't think they were all that great, at least not for $250. Does anyone have any recomendations? Has anyone tried Costco?

• Sponsors (?)

I just got a set of four Goodyear Eagle GS-D3s for my Cobra. They were recommended to me by one of the techs in my club.

2DSC00005.JPG

2DSC00006.JPG

If your summer only (no snow, little rain driving) I highly recommend hte BFGoodrich KD's not the KDW's. The KD's won out in all there comparisons tests and have large tread blocks (which look kick ass). If your driving alot in the rain or snow, no way with these tires.

I put toyo t1's all around 265/35/18's front and 295/35/18's rear. I think for all shipped it was around 800. They are some good tires, look just like the gsd3, only longer tread life, ok maybe a little less traction, but for an all season high performance, I couldn't find a better deal. If those might be an option, pm me, and I can find out where I found them the cheapest. Http://members.cardomain.com/chrisbudl1
Pages 2-3 have some pics of them on the car.

I was not impressed with the grip of the OE Goodyears. I'm looking for something that is cheaper but just a grippy or even more so. It can't be a competition tire. I'd love to have Pilot Sports but I don't see myself with this car for much longer.... (getting married, etc) I had the Yokohama ES100 on my Jag and I liked them but they got really loud....but could hang on like velcro with no screeching. I can handle the noise cause it's a Cobra...not a luxury car.

How about some Nitto 555 Extreme's. Had them on my 2000 GT. Think they were $149 each. They are not drag radials but will grip much better than the stock crap and the tread is rated at 300. Nice tire for the street. :nice:

NJStangFan said:
:nono:

Your opinion. Why don't you call the non-American made tires ricey then too. :flag:

Thank god they used them on this:

c454182a.jpg

What?

Comment is on looks only, I do not like the way they look. You like them, fine with me. I think it makes the car look like cheap crap (the goodyears pictured above), would never use them. That's why there is more than one tire company who makes more than one tire, everybody has their own taste.

NJStangFan said:
I understand that there's choice in tires and I'm thankful. I'm especially thankful that the next Cobra's prototype has the same tires that I've got. :cool:

Wow,alright. I hope it uses the same break fluid and turn signal lights as my car. That would make me so proud.

They could put them on a Bently, they still look like sh*********t.

NJStangFan said:
Your opinion. Why don't you call the non-American made tires ricey then too. :flag:

Supertraps makes Fart pipes right here in good old Cleveland, Ohio. Made in America, all rice. Or should we put them on our cars because they are made in the US.

I'm done here. I hate the way those tires look and it is my opinion. You like them, fine. God bless.

I'm out..... :spot:

sawman70 said:
For summer only the KD is a better tire. Also think the KDW is a bit ricey as are the Goodyears pictured above, I think those Goodyears belong on a Civic, not a Mustang IMO.

The KDW has two different tread designs, I think you are referring to the "new tread" ones. The stock mustang sizes (245/45/17 & 275/45/17) come in the other, traditional tread design.