Progress Thread Ole' Rusty 83 Notch

Got a bit done this afternoon. Didn't expect to get to work on it at all this weekend, so it wasn't much, but I'm happy.

IMG_0673.jpg
IMG_0674.jpg
IMG_0675.jpg
IMG_0676.jpg
IMG_0677.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)

So, I have both floor pans on the way, and I have my frame rails ready for installation as well.

Floors pans won't be here until mid week, and I'm going to hold off on installing my right frame rail until I have my new K-Member so I can make sure everything lines up perfect.

That left me at kind of a stand still this weekend, so I figured I would get started on filling some holes for my shaved engine bay. Started on the right side this afternoon. I'll get more done tomorrow and upload some more photos, but in the hour or so that I had tonight I got this done.

IMG_0688.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
So, I have both floor pans on the way, and I have my frame rails ready for installation as well.

Floors pans won't be here until mid week, and I'm going to hold off on installing my right frame rail until I have my new K-Member so I can make sure everything lines up perfect.

That left me at kind of a stand still this weekend, so I figured I would get started on filling some holes for my shaved engine bay. Started on the right side this afternoon. I'll get more done tomorrow and upload some more photos, but in the hour or so that I had tonight I got this done.

IMG_0688.jpg
Been there buddy, be patient, it takes time to make it nice.

I'll eventually be doing the floor pans on my blue car too. I'll add subframe connectors at that time as well. LMR has reinforcement plates for the rear floor area that the seat bolts to, I think i'll add those to mine. You going to do anything special there?

Been there buddy, be patient, it takes time to make it nice.

I'll eventually be doing the floor pans on my blue car too. I'll add subframe connectors at that time as well. LMR has reinforcement plates for the rear floor area that the seat bolts to, I think i'll add those to mine. You going to do anything special there?

Yeah, it's going to be time consuming for sure. I'm gonna do the Scott Rod panels, which should save me a lot of time not having to fill all the holes in the fender aprons at least. I'm not really in a rush anyway. This build is on a budget, so I can't really move too quick with it or I start spending a ton of money all at once.

As far as the flooring, I'm planning the same as you. Nothing too wild. Reinforcement plates and subframe connectors should be fine for what I'm building.

Reactions: 1 user