OT: The Daily Show

jikelly

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jul 9, 2003
Lubbock Tx
The Daily Show is awesome. My dad tells me it's a bad way to get the news but I think it is much better than anything on the major news networks. They ask the questions others fail to ask, and there is not a story about someone being killed maimed or murdered every night. It has to be the best fake news show in the country. They don't even have to make most of the stuff up because they can always find someone who seriously believes in something that's just plain dumb and who is willing to say something stupid. From there it is only a mater of asking the right Questions. :D

The show won a Peabody award recently. I didn't know what a Peabody award was but I looked on the web and stumbled across Peabody's website. Apparently the award is to recognize excellence in broadcasting. Anyway here is what they said about the Daily Show.

Comedy Central’s "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart `Indecision 2004`" won a Peabody for its presidential campaign coverage; the Peabody Board citied the show’s appeal as "satire that deflates pomposity on an equal opportunity basis." This is the program’s second Peabody; it also won for its 2000 election coverage.

• Sponsors (?)

First of all...can you give me a list of the major networks that are conservative? I need more channels besides Fox news to watch; and I honestly can't find any. :shrug: :rolleyes:

Second, what states are you all from? I'm a little surprised by your comments.

I'm not fully conservative or liberal(definately not fully liberal) because once you grow up, you realize it's stupid to make your decision before your hear the issue.

[QUOTE='66 coupe]First of all...can you give me a list of the major networks that are conservative? I need more channels besides Fox news to watch; and I honestly can't find any. :shrug: :rolleyes:

Second, what states are you all from? I'm a little surprised by your comments.

I'm not fully conservative or liberal(definately not fully liberal) because once you grow up, you realize it's stupid to make your decision before your hear the issue.[/QUOTE]
That is very, very true. BTW, I live in California, possibly the most liberal state in the US, yet all of the guys I work with are far from liberal. California is not only the most liberal, but the most screwed up. Coincidence? Not in my book...

[QUOTE='66 coupe]Second, what states are you all from? I'm a little surprised by your comments.[/QUOTE]
Uh, everyone in this thread has their state listed. I like my guns, hate abortion, worry about the needy, worried about the economic road we are on, love nature, worried about the environment. I have a hard time at election time picking the lesser of two evils. I do manufacturing work, so voting republican would be REAL tough for me.