plug wires

cenok is family

15 Year Member
Jun 25, 2003
Norman, Ok
i noticed every once in a while my car would miss. i was suspecting maybe one of my "new" injectors was bad or something until i popped my hood and noticed my #6 plug wire arcing against the 6th cyl primary on my header. i pulled the wire, and low-and-behold, my 5 month old Ford Racing wire has been burnt right on the boot. so now im in the market for some plug wires. i was reading around and doing some research, and came across these on summit...http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=TAY-84058&N=700+0&autoview=sku. does anyone have any experience with these? it says they have 100% silicone 2 layer jackets which i guess is supposed to withstand more heat, which is definitely something i'm considering this time around. thanks for the info!

tay-thundervolt_black_w.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

If your looking for the best spark plug wires out there, get Livewires from performancedistributors.com. They are expensive, but i know i wont ever need another set of plug wires again.

Taylor makes good stuff, but before you drop money on new ones, what caused the burning issue? Where on the boot did it burn it? Is it something a different angled boot would fix.\? Most decent boots/wires can sit within a 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch of the primary and handle the heat, but if they touch the primary they will be toast. Did your plugwire touch the primary at all? I've used a lot of different wires before and the ones I've been most happy with are the MSD's with the Multi Angle boots. You can bend the boot to different angles so as to avoid getting to close or touching the primary.