Put the car back on the dyno! Graphs inside :D

hotmustang331

Apr 29, 2004
Bastrop,TX
This was done at the local maxwell dodge supercenter where I had my car dyoed the past 2 times. So I know its accurate...actually my car always seemed to have low #s compared to everyone elses. I also asked what the new 500HP viper SRT-10s put down on it, and he said between 440-450RWHP. So I told him something like, "well lets see if this little 4.6 can take down the V10 viper :D " (he didnt look to convinced :D )

1st time there with most boltons I made 248/286.
2nd time with VT cams and full boltons I made 292/308
Now this time with TTs I made the following @ 9PSI

May_01_005.jpg

This is the overlay between the first run (8PSI) and the second (9PSI)

May_01_003.jpg

And this is the difference from NOW vs my best N/A run. :rlaugh:

May_01_001.jpg

And the weather...which didnt help my #s any. Top is today, bottom was last year or so.

View attachment 387348

It was funny, after the 8PSI pull I had the guy press the up arrow on my boost controler to set it to boost group 2 (9PSI) and he was like "do you think 1 pound will do anything?" and I replied ":D I think so" . Once he made the pass I said, "yep looks like it did a little" and he goes "MAN heck yea it did!" :nice: .

Really cool guys up there and other than MPH I dont see myself going anywhere else. I had almost the whole shop over by the dyno checking the car out and waiting on the #s :D
They let the car cool off for about 30 minutes before the first run and another 30 or so before the 9PSI run. Maxwell dodge FTW! And only difference between now and @ MPH was I removed an intake restriction, JUST chaged the oil, and cleaned one of my air filters.
I really only put it on the dyno to make sure my A/F was ok before I run it @ FFW in Houston this weekend, but to come home with new #s is a big PLUS. So all checked out and its as safe as ever. :flag: Tim did a killer job with the tuning!

And to recap @ MPH it put down 440/462 @ 8PSI and 468/481 @ 9PSI.

BTW TIM OR SAN~MAN COULD YOU PLEASE PUT MY GRAPH IN THE DYNO THREAD? Just add twin turbos to my previous mod list that was with my old dyno graph. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Did Tim give you any advice on keeping your engine from Popping? :shrug:

Did he even think it was an issue?

Just curious as the debate seems to be unanswered as to what breaks these motors. I am curious with 500 ft/lb what the longevity will be, as I am sure you will not have detonation issues. I hope to see you make it to 100K.

Wow thanks for the feedback guys :D . I wasnt expecting a big difference and I was hoping that I hadnt lost anything :rlaugh: . After a while you get used to it...somehow :shrug: . And Jason you should drive down here and have some fun @ FFW! Same goes for the rest of you :SNSign: ...the more the better :flag:

Did Tim give you any advice on keeping your engine from Popping? :shrug:

Did he even think it was an issue?

Just curious as the debate seems to be unanswered as to what breaks these motors. I am curious with 500 ft/lb what the longevity will be, as I am sure you will not have detonation issues. I hope to see you make it to 100K.

Well Tim really didnt say anything much about it. He didnt want me running 9PSI though because he was worried that it may go lean as the pump gets older...that was the only reason. I asked him if it would be safe and he pretty much said "yep" . I also asked how long it would last and he just said he couldnt say for sure, but pointed out a 98 or so GT on his property that was supercharged and had like 125,000 miles. He honestly didnt seem worried at all about how much power it was making...I think it more has to do with your boost , A/F ratio, and how much timing your running, more so than the HP/torque.
Thats what it seems to me..if its easy to make the power then your OK. But if you have to push for it in the tune or by running high boost, then thats when you get into troubkle with the stock motor. MAIN thing is to prevent any and all detonation. Its ALL in the tune :nice:

Are you going to go to FFW Ennis this fall too? I would love to see that thing run.

Probably cant :( . But what day is it on and ill see :D. Its SUPER TOUGH to get off work right now...they limited it to 1 person per day and we have like 19 people. And alot of those get like 21 hours a month of vacation. :(

Wish i could go to FFW and check the car out in person, but i just got a new job and its probably not smart to call in for the weekend :(

Darn man that sucks :( I dont thing saleentwin57 will be going now either as hes getting his car back this week I believe and has to drive to GA.

FYI, ill be there friday in the pits, @ around noon all the way till probably 11PM or so and then will be there until later saturday night. I may actually run it friday night past 6PM when it goes back to HRP for their regular friday night grudge match (ie normal entry fees). Hopefully you can make it out!