Question about TPS and Computer?

OK...I've searched for this everywhere, so if it is an old post I'm sorry in advance. I recently put on a new plenum/TB setup w/ my new CAI. When I did the install I checked the TPS and it read about .97V. That seemed pretty reasonable to me from what I've read. I started the car after rehooking the battery and I did have some hanging RPM's....nothing to worry about 'cuz I know it takes the engine computer a while to relearn everything. After installing everything on the car, I drove the car for a while, then brought it back to the garage. Then I tuned it using a custom tune and my new SCT 2. The hanging idle is still there. OK....Now the question. Will my Engine's computer still learn from the new setup, or was the SCT program supposed to account for everything already. I mean...once programmed, do our chips still try and learn stuff? I'm really familiar w/ regular computers, but I don't know diddly bout Ford EEC's.:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

uh yea i'm gonna need those TPS reports on my desk....

hahaha....the hanging idle is a common problem we face from having a reaaaallly large IAC port into the plenum...do a search for the "copper plug mod" or "IAC restrictor" i made a restrictor plate out of a coke can and took all of 10 mins to do and completely got rid of the hanging idle/rpms...