Roush raidar detector put in by saleen???

Blue Blurr

Apr 1, 2004
California
did saleen put in some kind of raidar detector in the cars? becasue ever time i drive by a electronic billboard or like a cop, fire truck or ambulance a beep goes off. is this a raidar detector if not what the hell is it? its not in the manual.

• Sponsors (?)

No, Saleen does not build radar/laser detectors into their vehicles, however you may be encountering an odd phenomenom that deals w/ cell phones and speakers... some modile phones, if placed in just the right spot (ex. a cell holder) near a car audio speaker will respond to a radar gun's frequency with a beep or tone (if the phone is on). This is not a good means of protecting your self from traps (it's pretty rare), and it won't respond to laser. I use the Passport 8500 (about $300) Radar/Laser detector, and have avoided many costly tickets... :)

Are you the original owner?

If not, could one have been installed by a prior owner?

Could the dealership have installed one?

Saleens used to come with radar detectors, but have not since the 80's.

no im not the origanal owner but i have talked to the the origanal owner a few times and he hasnt said anything about that. its not like a pass port raidar detector becasue like there isnt anything that i can find that would make the sound. its just like a beep coming from the dash somewhere like under it. and i hold my cell phone in the second (ruberized) cup holder, but it beeped when it was off so i dont think that can be it.