Ramps, Chins and Eibachs, Oh My

Jinx

I like cats, cats like me. Cats and I fully agree.
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 2, 2003
Cat Country
I'm looking to do my own oil changes and need input on low profile ramps. I've droped the car 1.5 inches and added the Mach chin. anyone using ramps out there that allow clearance for setups like mine without using wood blocks placed in front of the ramp?

I've done a search, but have not found a specific make and model# for a pair of stand alone ramps.

• Sponsors (?)

Jinx102672 said:
I'm looking to do my own oil changes and need input on low profile ramps. I've droped the car 1.5 inches and added the Mach chin. anyone using ramps out there that allow clearance for setups like mine without using wood blocks placed in front of the ramp?

I've done a search, but have not found a specific make and model# for a pair of stand alone ramps.

"Low-profile" and "ramp" don't really go together. The angle of the ramp would have to be so low that you'd probably end up with a ramp 6-8' long just to get your front end 12" in the air.

Summit has started selling this nifty floor jack:

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=SUM-G1020&N=115&autoview=sku

I know when I had my '03 with H&R SS springs, I had to build to small ramps out of 2x10s stacked on top of each other to get the car up enough to get the jack under it. This jack would have made life much easier.

thats a cool ramp. I wonder if that'll work on my car... I have to drive up on 2x8, then jack up the rear, place ramp under it. then use jack and lift up each side and slid another 2X8(so that total is 4X8), and then i can slide my jack under crossmember to do an oil change
time consuming

mity2 said:
...time consuming

That's what I'm trying to avoid :D
I could fab a set out of wood, but I don't have a garage :( , and I'm not looking forward to having to lug those heavy monsters from the back yard to the front yard every time.

You can also get a set of Kenny Brown "jacking rails". I think they're like 50 bucks or somthing.

They allow you jack the car up like in a NASCAR pitstop. I autox/change tires alot and these little things help soooooooooo much!!!

mac1009 said:
Get some Rhino ramps. They're made for lowered cars. I had to use them on my C5 because it was too low. They're only $20.

I have set(actually 2 sets) of rhynoramp. Its nowhere near enough to clear my bumper with out jacking it up first

My problem is the handle on the jack, not the jack itself. I have the craftsmen racing jack and it goes under, but the handle hits the bumper. I use the small jack used for the spare tire and raise up the side high enough to get the real jack under the front of the car. I also made a set of these ramps but they are hard on the back. They are perfect though, and i got the wood for free.