Rear Seat Delete--some questions

O.D. Showtime

Founding Member
Mar 31, 2002
Wondering where to get a good quality, yet cheap, rear seat delete. Also wanted to know if a delete kit also deletes the trunk carpeting (b/c the carpeting in the trunk is attached to the back of my seat). One other thing, anyone ever see where people install subs iin their rear seat delete kit so they don't have to get a box? That'd be a cool setup, just having the subs right behind you instead of in the trunk. Even a set of blueprints or plans would be great, anyone know where to get them/buy them? Thanks for the help. Sean.

• Sponsors (?)

Partshopper just came out with a rear seat delete kit:

http://www.partshopper.com/

And yes, you could turn your trunk into a "sub box" via a rear seat delete seatback. It would utilize the entire trunk as the "speaker box" and probably require a good deal of fabrication on your behalf. I have seen this done on other makes/models in the car audio world, so it is definately feasible...g'luck!

COBRA90GT said:
Partshopper just came out with a rear seat delete kit:

http://www.partshopper.com/

And yes, you could turn your trunk into a "sub box" via a rear seat delete seatback. It would utilize the entire trunk as the "speaker box" and probably require a good deal of fabrication on your behalf. I have seen this done on other makes/models in the car audio world, so it is definately feasible...g'luck!
You wouldn't by chance no where to buy plans for a rear seat delete kit, would you? I have all the material and tools to build it, so I mine as well, I just need plans.

My carpet is attached using plastic push pins. If I were going to make one, I might try to make a template using cardboard, and transfer it on to whatever material your going to use. The make it look easy on american hotrod atleast. The speaker thing, might need some investigation though, mine sound twice as loud aimed at the rear instead of forwards. And there is always air space requirements. :shrug: Good luck, chris