Rearend rebuild kit

• Sponsors (?)

im doin the same thing, im buyin the complete rebuild kit from summit for 120, it comes with everything you need will need even new wheel bearings and seals.

the part number there is rat-3008k.

if you look at the link under Ford 8.8"and Mustang parts and packages for gears and install kit, they have a few options that you can pick. The Master includes everything

You can get a master bearing kit(has everything) from www.50resto.com. Just type in "master bearing" in the search field. The whole kit is about $85. Also, did you get your gears already?..if not, you can pick 'em up for $140 at www.gefracing.com Its the good stuff too(FRPP). I haven't ever used Strange, but I've had some friends tell me that they have heard that they whine after installation.
P.S. You may want to rebuild your traction-lok limited slip too. I've heard that's its a good idea if you've put a lot of miles on it. The kit costs like $50 and it can also be found at www.50resto.com Good luck and tell us how you like the new gears after you get 'em in. I can't wait to get my 4.10s in!

I'll take a look at those sites. I have not picked up any gears yet still shopping. I did rebuild the traction-lok last summer, so I know that my posi does work. Thanks for the links,jtstang89 :nice:

Sevan said:
I'll take a look at those sites. I have not picked up any gears yet still shopping. I did rebuild the traction-lok last summer, so I know that my posi does work. Thanks for the links,jtstang89 :nice:
No problem! BTW, those are the cheapest Ford Racing gears I have ever found....don't go with the generic stuff for your rear end or you might pay for more than you want. Also, be very careful if you decide to buy used ones. Think about it...the guy who had 'em before you probably did the same thing with 'em that you wanna do! They have prolly seen better days.
One more thing: I just got all my parts in from gefracing.com and 50resto.com....Hopefully I'll have 'em in the car next week!!!