Rims On! Happy Bday to Me!!

Driveway rules! Not sure if Nitto even makes a 285. The only Nitto's I would buy are drag radials. There extreme radial is an OK tire. If you want a non-drag radial tire look into Khumo or similiar. They are cheaper and will do the same job as the Nitto extremes.

• Sponsors (?)

Tires.com has some killer prices on the 555 extreme's. I got two in 245/45/17 for $230.00 shipped! I got them on the back right now and they hook up great for street tires. I have a set of the DR's on my stock 16's for the track but the regular 555 extremes seem like great street tires to me. Im getting 275/40/17's to put on the rear once I get paid again.

Rob I spoke with Dave and he says that American Racing measures there rim from bead to bead. There is probably close to a half inch on both sides. This 9 inch rim is right around 10 inches wide which means a 315 would be fine.

VibrantRedGT said:
Rob I spoke with Dave and he says that American Racing measures there rim from bead to bead. There is probably close to a half inch on both sides. This 9 inch rim is right around 10 inches wide which means a 315 would be fine.
So that means they are "slightly" wider than another companies 9" rim?

That would explain why the fronts look large.
I guess the 10" wide that the 18's come in would be like another company's 10.5?

Anyway, about the 315's :banana: :banana: :banana:
Thanks Joe!
RC

94GTLaserRC said:
Well, I have awhile to research it, but I had 275's on the 8" rim

How did you manage that? I tried cramming 275's onto my 8's and the guys at the tire shop said no way...i was pi$$ed off and ended up having to put sappy 255's on them :mad:

Edit: You're driveway should get into one of those home and garden magazines :p

If the 315's will fit get those. I have driven on them in the rain and have never had a problem. Any wide tire is going to hydroplane, so you just have to slow down and be intelligent. I would do some measuring though, because I dont know if you'll rub with the offset of those wheels.

jtkz13 said:
If the 315's will fit get those. I have driven on them in the rain and have never had a problem. Any wide tire is going to hydroplane, so you just have to slow down and be intelligent. I would do some measuring though, because I dont know if you'll rub with the offset of those wheels.

Not my tires! :p Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3, they are kinda pricey but well worth it if you're concerned about driving in the rain. They're not quite DR's, but they hook really good for street tires, probably about the same as the Nitto 555's.:nice:

Let me know if you find anyone with a 315 DR in stock. I called all my sources and the end of September was the 1st anyone could get a 315 in. Because of that I had to reeeeeeeeeeeeallly stretch my 275 Dr to get it to fit the 10.5 rim, man what a PITA.

RC - are you just too lazy to step back another 10 feet to take a pic of your WHOLE car.... or do you not have a yard and that part past the driveway is your neighbors...

Don't use the excuse about the front bumper either, cause you did the same thing on the pics from the BACK of the car. :D

BTW - they look great... and nice to see a company taking care of a mistake. So far I'm in the middle of a mistake with Edge Racing Converters... SO FAR I'm happy with them trying to fix the problem. :nice:

gcomfx.com said:
RC - are you just too lazy to step back another 10 feet to take a pic of your WHOLE car.... or do you not have a yard and that part past the driveway is your neighbors...

You mean like this
1192960NewRims6.jpg

The thread is for RIMS, so I wanted to show them more close up..but here's one I took while I was taking the others.

RC

Attachments

• 1192960NewRims6.jpg
    1192960NewRims6.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 49