Roll bar

Evannn

Feb 26, 2024
California
I have a 2003 vert. I want to take it to the track but you obviously need a roll bar. I have one of the “style bars” lying around and I was wondering if I would pass tech with that since it is technically roll over protection. Thanks :)

• Sponsors (?)

Black car is mine, red car with the bar is what I’m referencing

Attachments

• IMG_1520.jpeg
    IMG_1520.jpeg
    571.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1671.jpeg
    IMG_1671.jpeg
    52 KB · Views: 17
I think it depends on what rules the track goes by. If they use NHRA rules, then I think you only need a roll bar if you run quicker than 13.50. Again, I think, not know for sure. I have no idea what IHRA, or any other sanctioning body's, rules are.

If it's stock (or close to it), I don't think you're gonna run that fast though.

If it's modified, just tell tech it runs high 13's and you should be able to get at least one pass in. If it runs faster than 13.50, they'll just boot ya off the track!

That "roll bar" on the red car is not a "roll bar" per NHRA.
That is a appearance item.
It actually offers no real protection in the event of a roll over.
Look at the way it is mounted.
It is for looks only.

The style bars (red car) offer no roll over protection and are not considered roll bars by all racing organizations. Sure, they might be better than nothing, but the only have two points of attachment. Any force perpendicular to their attachment points will easily fold that bar down and render it useless. It’s probably cheap 1” OD tubing and doubtful it would withstand the weight of the car.

A true roll bar is something like this from maximum Motorsports. You’ll want to do your due diligence as to if they would meet tech at your track. Some of these bars are not NHRA compliant.

IMG_8253.png

Last edited: