Sits diff. on all four corners.

NCMustang

Founding Member
Aug 1, 2002
Asheville, NC
Currently in the front I have 620 springs and the Shelby drop. In the rear I have 4.5 mideye leaf springs. I did these suspension mods a year ago, so the car has settled all that it is going to. Here are my ride height measurements left front 25", right front 25 3/8", left rear 25 11/16" right rear 25 7/8” These measurements are taken from the ground to the center of the fender. My goal would be to get all four corners down near the 25", or maybe the front just under 25" with the rear at 25".
My questions are:
1. If I was to cut 1/4 (or however much it takes to get the front sides equal) of a coil of just my right front spring to get the stance to be equal in the front, would I be able to notice the difference in stiffness from one side to the other? I'm aware that cutting the spring will make it stiffer, but would only 1/4 of a coil be noticeable?
2. 620 coils drop the car 1” are there coils that drop 1.5 or 2".
3. I know there are 1" lowering blocks for the rear but how about 1/2" drops, or is there another way to drop the rear only 1/2"?
Thanks for any input.

• Sponsors (?)

Actually, it's not uncommon for any 40 year old car to be off a half inch or so. Mustang "frames", for lack of a better word, aren't as rigid as a solid frame (and would be more likely to get tweaked in a fender bender.)
You never really know what these cars have been thru.

Not sure if this is acurate but bear with me. Your measurements might be inacurate, if your tire pressure is off or unequal all the way around. Try measuring from the center of the hub to the center of the fender lip.
Now, think of your car as a diagonal seasaw. If you take away from the front right spring, the front right will dip down a bit more, so maybe it would pull the left rear up a bit. I'd at least start there and remeasure. If you took 3/8 of height from the right front, it possibly would lift the left rear up 3/16 evening up the rear. Well, I might be wrong, but this is what i plan to do to my car with a similar problem. Just my $.02 Good luck.

latamud said:
Your measurements might be inacurate, if your tire pressure is off or unequal all the way around. Try measuring from the center of the hub to the center of the fender lip.QUOTE]
Latamud,
Thanks for your responce. Your may be right about the measurements, I'll try the measurments your way. I would still like to know if there are front springs that drop more than an inch and lowering blocks for the rear that lower less than an inch?