Spent some time in the garage..

cmc6070

Mar 1, 2011
Spent some time in the garage the last couple days...

before2j.jpg

after3b.jpg

sept10033.jpg

mustanginterior026.jpg

sept10034.jpg

sept10037.jpg

morestang498.jpg

morestang483.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

wow, your pans are in much better shape than mine were! I wish that i had put some sound deadener under my carpet but i used the mass backed carpet from LMR and that alone cut the sound alot!

i pulled my carpet last weekend and it surprised me on how good it was, i had no rust anywhere so i cleaned the carpet and put it back but now i wish i had got some sound deadener in while the carpet was out. what brand did you use and was it easy to work with.

Yeah, I was a little surprised at the condition of the floorpans considering that before I bought the car it had been sitting in someone's driveway for around 5 years in rainy Seattle with a less than watertight sunroof. Other than a little surface rust that I ground off and repainted they were solid.

My new carpet is the Massback from LMR too. I know they said you don't need sound deadener with it, but I figured "why not".

I used RAAMmat, from RAAMaudio and it was very easy to work with. One hint, I initially started while wearing latex gloves and it stuck to them like crazy. But then I switched to a brand new pair of Mechanix type gloves and they worked great with no unwanted sticking.