Spring Idea? Opinions/Advise

ike34

Jan 16, 2004
Waterloo, IA
Right now my car is in storage, so Im thinking up ideas for spring when it comes back out. I have been collecting parts but I dont know if or when I should install them. Here is my current setup:

Rebuilt 302 unknown amount of miles
Vortech A-trim 5-6psi
Stock heads maybe ported unknown
Stock Intake maybe ported unknown
F303 Cam
70mm MAF
Stock throttle body
Upr Boost Pipe
255 LPH fuel pump
AIS Methanol Injection
JBA longtube headers
Off road x pipe
Borla Pro XS mufflers

Here are the parts Ive collected so far:

Tubular gt40 intake, with ported and straightend runners
PRO M 80mm MAF calibrated for 50lb injectors
MSD 50lb injectors
6.87 crank pulley and 3.12 supercharger pulley 8 rib
T-REX fuel pump
ZEX dry nitrous kit

Still need to get
Wideband o2
ignition parts
bigger throttle body
and of course heads but I dont know if they will be in the budget for next spring, I also want build a stroker but I know that isnt going to happen next year.

I was thinking of installing the parts I have along with a couple that Im still going to get, but Im unsure about the heads situation. I want to wait to get a tune until I get heads. I know the best way to do things is get a tune for everything but I know there is alot of guys on here just using a calibrated maf and its working for them without any problem its not the best but it works. Thats another reason I would be getting the wideband to keep an eye on things.

Whats your opinion about installing these things without heads, I know they are still going to be the bottle neck.

Sorry for the long post
Thanks
Todd

• Sponsors (?)

I like the idea of tuning a complete combo. Some tuners will re-flash you for next to nothing after the initial tune if you change or add a part, but it all depends on where you go. You could end up paying two or three times for the same thing if you do it in drips and drabs. If it were me, I'd sit on the parts until I had everything and do it all at once. Maybe you could do the pulleys and the wideband for now and just play with your boost numbers while keeping a safe a/f ratio and have some fun to hold you over that way until you can afford the heads? :shrug:

If I were in your shoes I'd slap all that stuff on and if you have to wait for the heads then wait. That pulley combo should put it around 10 psi. But get it tuned. Period, "not I am gonna wait until I have heads". Chances are its going to run like crap and be way down on power. I think you could get about 400 rwhp out of it with the meth. Whats the bottle for?