Steering Rack Bushings or Bumpsteer Kit?

• Sponsors (?)

Bumpsteers Are Adjustable Tie Rod Ends. Steering Rack Bushings Offset The Steering Rack And Raises It Closer To What It Was Stock. You Do Not Need One For The Other. I Was Having Problems With My Bumpsteer And All I Replaced Was The Steering Rack Bushings And They Worked Great. My Car Is Lowered 1 1/2"'s.

claytucc3 said:
Bumpsteers Are Adjustable Tie Rod Ends. Steering Rack Bushings Offset The Steering Rack And Raises It Closer To What It Was Stock. You Do Not Need One For The Other. I Was Having Problems With My Bumpsteer And All I Replaced Was The Steering Rack Bushings And They Worked Great. My Car Is Lowered 1 1/2"'s.

:stupid:
That's right, all you need is the offset rack bushings--all of $15.00 :banana:

According to Maximum Motorsports, you don't need to mess with bumpsteer kits or offset bushings unless you actually change the geometry of your front suspension. Meaning a new K-member and A-arms, not lowering the car. I remember reading that in some of the instructions I got when I ordered all my suspension stuff from them.

GinoGT said:
According to Maximum Motorsports, you don't need to mess with bumpsteer kits or offset bushings unless you actually change the geometry of your front suspension. Meaning a new K-member and A-arms, not lowering the car. I remember reading that in some of the instructions I got when I ordered all my suspension stuff from them.
I have heard that before. All I know is that the steering feels noticably better after the install ... not "night and day" better but certainly noticable...

My $0.02...

01GT eibach said:
I have heard that before. All I know is that the steering feels noticably better after the install ... not "night and day" better but certainly noticable...

My $0.02...

:stupid:

This is good advice that comes from experience, Offset bushings will make a big difference and they are easy to install and they are only $15.00