Supercharged 5.0 Intake Clearance Issue

CamaroFreak406

Feb 9, 2006
Hey guys,

OK so here is the story, I am a hard core Chevy Guy (OK Let the flames begin :nono: ) But my brother and I kind of came into a great deal. We picked up a 1991 T-bird with the 5.0 in it (rebuilt engine 20K ago) runs good but needs more. I had an Eaton M-90 lying around the garage and we got drunk last Friday and started talking stupid and by Saturday night we were taking the front of the engine apart and mounting the intercooler.

So here is the issue I need to find a cheap (key word), intake mainfold for the car that is not as long as the stock one. The stock one comes out all the way over the valve cover I was hoping to find one that stops at least 4 inches earlier. I looked at the Trick Flow Track Heat (looks shorter but a little pricy for this project) and I also looked at the Typhoon EFI on Ebay looks like it would work for this project and right in our price range.

So any thoughts on the Typhoon is it a peice of junk, is it a great deal. What other parts will be needed for the swap, I imagine a Fuel Regulator and a BOV. will I need a Boost sensitive fuel pressure regulator?

Thanks for any and all help, Garrett

• Sponsors (?)

The Typhoon needs some clean up work on the ports, if you can do that yourself it can be a decent intake. The shortest intake for a 5.0L is a Victor 5.0 EFI, or any of the box style intake.....a little big for a stock style motor however.