T-5 Conversion

• Sponsors (?)

conversion

this is what i done to get a roller motor in my 78 king cobra/with the 4-speed that came in it.took the ring gear off of the stock fly wheel had the 5.0 flywheel cut down to the size of the ring gear then had a 45 deg angle on the edge due to the starter engauging on the fly wheel. then used the t-5 clutch set up.the clutch fork had to be spaced out about 1/2 inch done this by welding a spacer on the bolt that attaches to bell.so i was looking into putting t-5 into this car the bell is close to fitting may need to be drilled out but fits in place and main body of the t-5 is about the same as the regular 4 speed.so basically the problem with the conversion is the t-5 bell i have everything else done,like i said you could drill a few holes in the 4-speed bell if you could round one up.hope this helps a little.don russell (2)78' king cobras (1)76' mpg 4cyl with v-8 suspension(1)75 mach(1)79' (1)97' woodward dreamcruise #46 of 58 :bang:

Ans to last Q. NO the shifter hole will still have to be elongated to install the T5 even on the M II bellhousing.
I have the T5 in mine w/ the M II bellhousing. I used the M II bellhousing, flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, disc. The bellhousing will need the trans input shaft pilot hole enlarged about .06. The input shaft will need an adapter coupling made [to make up length needed] or have the input shaft of a 94/95 T5 unit [longer]. The driveshaft must be shortened approximately 1.5". I used a Hurst Comp Plus shifter conversion w/a longer T5 handle and its back where I like it. The benefit of the M II bellhousing is the added clearance for exhaust system.
Have a good one

Later :spot: