Build Thread The Hoopty Chronicles - New House, New garage, New Car?

Heyyy-oooh

I need some male/female plugs to add into my coil harnesses to make them able to be removed easily instead of hard wiring. Any ideas? I’m not even sure what to google. I’m not even sure what day it is anymore either, sooo please forgive me

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Weather packs?
BA5519E5-C15A-4193-B78D-FE02CD9283A7.jpeg
49C080F5-38E1-4662-B9D3-C7B83B62C191.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users
You can buy the weather packs with short leads already installed if You don't want to buy the tool to crimp them. I used them to wire my nitrous stuff so it can be removed from the car for n/a events and insurance pics, ;).

Joe

Reactions: 1 users
Well guys, it's been a month since I last posted in here. Short story is it's because I got nothing for ya. I eventually ordered some weather pack terminals, but they arent here yet.

I text the powder coater weekly, still nothing. I got a little short with him yesterday, basically said every week for the last 3 months you tell me "next week". His response was a little less than comforting, saying "maybe this week". If it doesn't happen this week, I'm going to go pick everything up on Monday. It's been 15 months and if it hasn't happened yet......

I really just want to put this thing back together an move on to other stuff.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Well guys, it's been a month since I last posted in here. Short story is it's because I got nothing for ya. I eventually ordered some weather pack terminals, but they arent here yet.

I text the powder coater weekly, still nothing. I got a little short with him yesterday, basically said every week for the last 3 months you tell me "next week". His response was a little less than comforting, saying "maybe this week". If it doesn't happen this week, I'm going to go pick everything up on Monday. It's been 15 months and if it hasn't happened yet......

I really just want to put this thing back together an move on to other stuff.
Wasn’t this a friend of yours? That’s aggravating . It’s like chassis or machine shop jail with these powder coaters man .

B70368BE-DB0A-4AED-896A-1839046BBD8D.jpeg

Well, I just went and grabbed all my parts back. I’m really really disappointed. I think at this point, I’m going to just bolt everything back together and make it run again. For the moment, I don’t give a flying fuk what it looks like.

Im thinking about coating everything myself. The gun is $75 at harbor fright, I can get an oven off the local garage sale page for $30, and the powder is roughly $15/lb. It can't look worse than it already is.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
B70368BE-DB0A-4AED-896A-1839046BBD8D.jpeg

Well, I just went and grabbed all my parts back. I’m really really disappointed. I think at this point, I’m going to just bolt everything back together and make it run again. For the moment, I don’t give a flying fuk what it looks like.
Paint goes along way . But I’m glad you stuck to your word

Reactions: 1 user