Build Thread The Hoopty Chronicles - New House, New garage, New Car?

IMG_7675.PNG
I'm glad someone was paying attention

• Sponsors (?)

You know, the more I mess with engines, the more I learn. The more I learn, the more I figure out I can't just slap sht together "sloppy mechanics style" and hope for a lot of HP, or just keep adding boost until it hits a number.

Days like these are the ones I want to just say screw it and write someone a check to do it for me, haha

Reactions: 1 users
You know, the more I mess with engines, the more I learn. The more I learn, the more I figure out I can't just slap sht together "sloppy mechanics style" and hope for a lot of HP, or just keep adding boost until it hits a number.

Days like these are the ones I want to just say screw it and write someone a check to do it for me, haha

Some here do that..

:leaving:

Reactions: 1 users

What have you learned about your build that brings you to make this statement?

Joe

Something else I've discovered... If you're doing it right (accomplishing research etc.) then your tool inventory (for the car) reflects and costs about the same as what you have into the motor that you installed; even if you bought your motor. :p

I'll wait while you roughly do the math in your head. :thinking:

Reactions: 1 user
@hoopty5.0 I had to go back 8 pages to find this thread!

Any updates, carnage pics?

Joe

Well, I haven't been home much lately, and if I was, I was sick! I just got back from 5 days in Colorado last night. I dropped everything off for powder coating a few weeks ago. I haven't been able to pick up the "new" short block yet either.

This weekend, the wife is out of town, so maybe I'll finally have a chance to get into the garage and get the engine out.

Well, I haven't been home much lately, and if I was, I was sick! I just got back from 5 days in Colorado last night. I dropped everything off for powder coating a few weeks ago. I haven't been able to pick up the "new" short block yet either.

This weekend, the wife is out of town, so maybe I'll finally have a chance to get into the garage and get the engine out.
Wait a minute,....you were in Montana last month, and Now in Colorado this one.
You are the definition of DINK.

Wait a minute,....you were in Montana last month, and Now in Colorado this one.
You are the definition of DINK.

Maybe so, but a lot of it is pure luck.
The Vegas trip? 100% Free - paid for by a vendor
Montana? Same.
Colorado? Company covered flight(s), lodging was free. I paid for ski rentals and (some) food/drink.
I'd call it fringe benefits and having cool bosses who are OK with it as long as we get our work done. They were on the trips too.

Now with that said, my wife is making me take her skiing at the end of the month, which I am 100% paying for.

Reactions: 5 users