Those that have sat in the 05

6Stang7

Jun 1, 2003
Livermore, CA
I went to my local Ford dealer today and sat in the 05. Anyone else have the problem of your knees hitting the dash, but the shifter still being a little out of reach? Other then that, it was heaven.:drool:

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, my knees hit the dash too. I lowered the seat, and then they cleared, but I had trouble seeing the edges of the hood. Being short sucks! The placement of the cupholders is not good, and there wasn't a good spot for my glasses case to sit in. My commute is almost an hour a day, so I have to think about those kind of things. My focus is much more "commuter-friendly", but it lacks a 300hp V8 and rear drive.

nis350ztt said:
I test drove one yesterday. I'm 5'11" and didn't have a problem once my knee was past the steering wheel. Love the shifting in the manual GT's.

Same here. I'm 5'10'' and was completely comfortable. More comfortable than in any other Stang I've owned.

Carlos

6'4 and no problems after adjusting the seat. Another guy who is 6'9 posted saying he fit comfortably. I don't know if the shifter placement is any good or not till I drive one (so far I've only seen V6s and automatic GTs on the lots so I haven't taken one out yet). The thing is I like where the shifter is in my Mustang (an '02). If it was any closer I think it would be uncomfortable for me.

I'm 6'3" and finally sat in a V6 tonight (although I've ordered the GT model already) and it felt great to me. I love how you are cradled by the car, so to speak. The shifter, steering wheel, and the seat itself seemed great to me. I love this car.

I'm just 6'1" and fit very nicely behind the wheel. My '95 is a little short on leg room unless I take off my shoes so my feet can go beyond the pedals when cruising. I did notice on the '05 that with the front seats all the way back they come within 2" of touching the back seat. Oh well, when I get one I don't really plan on anyone riding in the back anyway.

BTW, I didn't see a compass in the '05 anywhere. So many cars have them now I wonder if I missed it, or did Ford?

I took a manual out for a test drive last night. I had no problem reaching the shifter. It was almost too close for me. And no problems with the leg room. I am 6'2. My only issue was the shifter had quite a bit of sideways play when in gear. But nothing that I couldn't live with or replace.

manicmustang, the shifter is lower than last gen., so you will most likely bump your arm on drinks more, the cupholders are in the same place as last gen. Ford should have taken note from last year. Although they did move the radio down so you can just reach your finger forward and touch the controls.