thoughts on a foxbody for a DD

inphiniti

Mar 15, 2003
Providence, RI
got someone in the next state over from me selling a 1992 Mustang 5.0. its an auto convertible with about 136k on the clock. he says theres no rust/rot on the car. it runs great and the tranny shifts fine. the only mods is a saleen spoiler and a flowmaster exhaust... he wants 2900 obo...

any suggestions? btw, the color of it is a DFG with a white top... it matches my current 1995 :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

having another stang is kewl but my personal opinion is that having another mustang, at least for me. Would only get me spending more money, because you know its going to be hard not to mod that car, lol.

having another stang is kewl but my personal opinion is that having another mustang, at least for me. Would only get me spending more money, because you know its going to be hard not to mod that car, lol.

its so true...

seriously, i know it might sound dumb to some people but the main selling point as of right now is the color how its almost identical to my car. and the motor is 100% stock except for the flowmasters which is typical... the GOOD thing about the car is it could help me put the 95 down to do work to it without worrying how i am getting to and from. and its a droptop, always a plus for summer!

i definitely wouldn't mind a foxbody vert for a daily driver.

almost bought a 89 vert auto instead of my car.

i think if the overdrive gear on the 89 worked, i would of bought it, and if the guy took better care of the car. still thinking of that car haha.

My 92' was probably the best daily driver I've had. It had Tokico Adjustables, Eibachs, Pullies, Pro 5.0 Shifter, 3.73's, auburn diff, some other stuff. It was the perfect daily driver mix of an old school feeling, with the comfort of a/c, leather interrior, comfortable ride and so on. It wasn't something so nice you didn't want to drive it anywhere. I took it out of state a few times and it handled it with zero problems and in comfort. I sure do miss that car. :(

stang2.jpg

yeah its not too far from me... about 40 minutes.... hes going to let me know tomorrow, someones going to look at it...

so with that all being said, if he says no1 bit the bullet and i have a chance... what is a good offer?

$2900 obo...
says it runs awesome, shifts well and no rust/rot... it has a new white vert top/glass. small dent in the corner of the hood(no big deal) and the paint is ok. and its got the 136k on the clock... people say these motors dont die if theyre taking care of correctly...

That would be a good daily drive and Nick that is a nice fox. I would love to have one to drive everyday. I would love to have a black fox with all black interior but i may have to wait a few years for that.

Haha I have a black fox with black interior for sale :p
Back to the topic I would off 2500 and settle somewhere around 2750, according to NADA blue book he is on the low side for price but make sure the interior is not falling appart and there is no lag between pedal movement and when the car pulls that seems to be what I notice with used foxes
also the turning radius on them sucks but it is just an adjustment to get used to

been thinkin alot lately.... i think im going to be letting this one go... gonna find a nice honda instead LOL :D jk... i just gotta do this motor and ill be happy...

but i def am going to be getting a dd... just not sure what,... rather new, buut dont know if itll be in my price range at the time...

If I had a choice, I would drive a 94-95 Sn-95 over a fox as a daily driver.

yes most definately... i actually cant wait to graduate college in aug and get a new ride...as far as ohio goes DDing my 90 sucks.....hot as hell all summer, and freezing and dangerous in the winter..

so its going to be going bye bye...probably replaced by a new 1 Series or something.. :shrug: