Threaded holes on Windsor head?

projectfilly

May 9, 2009
Hey guys, new to the forum but wondering if anyone might be able to answer a quick question. The motor is going back in my car today, and i'm noticing that some of the hardware is missing (it went to a builder to have the heads ported and cams installed, and some of the hardware has gone missing while the motor was with them). We just got the motor dropped into the car, but there are two threaded holes, one in each head. I believe that this is where the coolant temp sensor is supposed to go on many cars (like the Lightning), but on my car the sensor is in the crossover tube on the manifold. Both of the plugs (i assume, maybe bolts?) that go in those holes are missing.

We went to autozone and got some universal plugs, and as far as diameter, the correct size is 1/4". However, it's definitely not NPT thread, and we're hesitant to put just any random bolts in there for fear of it leaking later.

Can anyone tell me what's ACTUALLY supposed to go in there? I've talked to five ford dealers, nobody really knows what i'm even talking about. I'll go take a pic in a minute but I'm hoping someone knew off the top of their head.

Thanks!

Jade

EDIT: PICS!

Hole1.jpg

Hole2.jpg

• Sponsors (?)