Throttle Body Whistle

JD1964

there is enough sticking out to grab on to
15 Year Member
Jun 28, 2013
Maryland
Anyone know what brand this TB is? Spacer says Professional Products but I’m not sure about the TB.

Most importantly, how to I quiet the whistle at idle? It’s pretty loud.

0A374A10-87D3-4929-BD25-63C9F5CFAC28.jpeg
E8CCFA55-56D3-4B81-ACF5-1285390B3C5F.jpeg
4DBC1FAF-437B-4574-A5F3-A6C84692753A.jpeg

• Sponsors (?)

Anybody got a 'fix' for it?
Although I do find mine kinda entertaining
The one I have whistled when I first put it on. I was researching what might cause it and found an article that talked about the air passing over sharp edges in the TB could cause it. Took a dremel with a sanding tip to the ports going into the IAC and rounded and smoothed them out and no more whistle.

Reactions: 1 users
The one I have whistled when I first put it on. I was researching what might cause it and found an article that talked about the air passing over sharp edges in the TB could cause it. Took a dremel with a sanding tip to the ports going into the IAC and rounded and smoothed them out and no more whistle.

I can do that. And I will. I’ll try and get some before and after pics and post them.

Reactions: 1 user
I chased that whistle off and on for about 2years,
3 sets of intake gaskets
2 different intakes
1 new set of intakes bolts
+ various tb gaskets and 2 egrs and 2 spacers
I was told by everybody it was a vacuum leak :doh:
I figure after all that I deserve that whistle so I may just keep it, it does match my junkyard mule look.

that's 100% professional products spacer and throttle body, they're the only company that has that round adjustment ring for the TPS built into the top of the throttle body that i know of. i have a 90mm PP and it whistles when de-accelerating around 1400RPMs. i originally thought it was my Trick Flow manifold whistling and it may still be, but since i went supercharged, the whistle no longer bothers me that much

Take a dremel. Remove iac out. Round out the edges on the two holes passages on the throttle body for iac.get them little bigger that should fix it. Did it for me on a 65mm bbk

Reactions: 1 users