throttle body ?

89 LX 5.0

Apr 16, 2009
throttle body question

Ok i was cleaning my tb yesterday and i noticed it wasn't going WOT. So upon further inspection i found this......................
PICT0431.jpg

:eek:

Sooo i emailed BBK and they haven't emailed back. My question is is this replaceable or will i have to buy a new tb :mad:? And i was wondering if the stock one would be as long as my 70 mm. Any suggestions. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

It's replaceable.I would think a stock one would be as long,but,I don't know if the throttle blade screw holes would be in the right place,or,if the stock shaft would be the same overall design (meaning,,,,diameter,etc) that the aftermarket shaft is.But,the shaft is replaceable.

The holes may not be different,just the blades may be bigger (obviously they are from a 60-65-and 70mm t-body),you'll have to measure the distance between the holes to see.You may get lucky.If it's a BBK t-body that broke,I'd guess that the shaft may be somewhat different.

I'm sure BBK has replacement parts for sale.Probably a lot cheaper than a throttle body as well.I wonder why it snapped?That's something I've never seen before.Was the throttle ever binding?

no it wasn't binding...the guy i got it from had put the tb and spacer on it. so i don't know how long it's been like that, i've had it about 2 months

i figure that has been costing me some power though