tranny or converter????

ok guy hers my problem.....from a dead stop if i hammer the gas peadal my car hardly spins the tires...it does not hesitate or anything.but if im already rolling in 1st gear @ 20mph and i hit the gas my tires break loose easy as hell. my car pulls really hard from 2800 to redline. could my tranny or converter causing this off the line power loss? also when i let off the gas just before a complete stop my car surges a little.....also my converter will only stall to like 1300 rpm....its supposed to be a 2800
my car runs extremely strong just off the line jump sux....here are my mods

306 ci sportsman block
lightly ported gt-40 iron heads
1.7 roller rockers, HD double valve springs
skat forged crank, trw forged pistons, eagle forged rods
9.5:1 compression
ported stock intake with 1 inch spacer.
FMS F-303 cam
65mm throttle body and spacer
74mm mass air
24lb injectors
walboro 255 fuel pump
MAC cold air intake
MAC 1 5/8 shorty headers
MAC catted H pipe
flowmasters

Tranny:
rebuilt AOD RV shift kit
2800 stall

• Sponsors (?)

your cam should be more of a mid/upper range power maker so I'm not sure how much you should expect below 18-2000 rpms or so? You say it pulls hard from 2800 up, I would think that should be about where that cam would make the power in a combination like yours. Also I don't see gears on your list of mods? 3.73-4.10's would help greatly if you don't already have them. You have to remember also that the 1st gear in the aod is a 2.40 vs a 3.35 for the T5 so there is a huge difference there too. A good convertor and gears should drastically help out. You say your converter is stalling at 1300 rpms. is that break stall, if your driving down the road how high will it flash out to? there is a difference between brake stall, true stall, and flash out rpm. Who made your converter? Was the manufacture aware of your combonation and or dyno/power curve. For what it's worth my car is slightly sluggish off the line as well then it will start to get going. Not sure your issue is to far out of the norm?