Turn off key, fuel drops to ZERO psi instantly. HELP!

• Sponsors (?)

Well, I had a buddy that had an MSD coil, only 2 days old that I borrowed. His brand new coil did the same thing on my car. His car isn't currently running (engine out) or we would test it on his fox body.

He also loaned me a new set of FMS plug wires. Going to try those this week.

Any suggestions as to what is going on with the coil sparking? :shrug:

I just keep find things and finding things it seems and so far nothing is fixing my car. :bang:

TFI tested good. Changed plug wires and coil. No change, except a slightly weaker spark escaping a brand new MSD coil. It was definately still there though. :bang:

We had a track day coming up, so I took the beast almost stock to see what it would do.

Went to the track and for the first time in 4 years (back when tuning the juice) my car detonated with stock injectors, stock fuel regulator, stock M/A, stock timing, my old coil (not stock), new Taylor wires, and 91 octane gas.

The car felt like the timing was bouncing all over the place. I ordered a new MSD dizzy today. Should be here in a few days. We'll see if it fixes it or not.

BTW - the car only dropped 2 tenths detonating and bogging at a new track. However I lost 5+ mph!!! This was of course all off the bottle.

Put the dizzy on the car.... set the timing by ear until I could go buy a timing light. I have one now, just haven't used it yet. I really wish the top radiator hose was in a different place on our cars. :)

The car is MUCH smoother through the RPMs. It still has a hint of the problem it did have. But it definately has more power than it did the night at the track. I haven't had the car ping or detonate once yet. Even running cheaper gas at the moment. :nice:

Plus, I have the Flow tested 24's, M/A and new air filter setup on the car with the C&L pipe. Juice is hooked back up as well.

I had to ditch my ST brace. The new dizzy appears to be a 1/4" higher than the stock one and is too close to the brace I have. It was moddified for the 96 Cobra hood putting the brace right across the dizzy. I tried it once, fired up the car and it arced like a SOB to the brace. :bang: I then loosened the brace in the front and slowly lowered it down to see how high I needed to space it up. That was stupid. Those MSD coils bite hardcore! :lol:

My car is in my friends shop getting the drag launch springs installed. Next week I'm going to work on it some more and get the timing dialed in, and try to hook the used 6AL box back up. I made room for it under the hook and have a nice soldering gun now. So I'll make sure it's wired in the best it can be this round. I really want to use my timing retard module!!!

Looks like you made some good headway with the new dizzy.

"Soldering gun" ... that makes me think you're a man on a mission to leave no stone unturned in this issue :rlaugh:

You said you had a pcm code showing the adaptive fuel limit had been reached. Was it adding or pulling fuel :shrug:

Grady

:) I am on a mission. Running out of time before our track rental day too. :bang:

Not sure on the PCM code. Most of them I have a hard time understanding how it relates to fixing the problem to be quite honest. :oops:

BTW that was suppose to be hooD not hooK. LOL

gcomfx.com said:
:)Not sure on the PCM code. Most of them I have a hard time understanding how it relates to fixing the problem to be quite honest.

Don't feel all alone. I've not messed much with those codes either :shrug:

I've seen JT and some of the others talk about them and they seem to know what is what :)

I'd throw the codes on here and put them boys to work on the fix if it was me :rlaugh:

Seems to me, if we knew if the pcm was adding or pulling fuel, we would know for SURE if we are dealing with a lean or fat problem.

You can think your fat when you are really lean ... don't ask how I know cause it is kinda embarrassing how I learned that little lesson :(

Grady

Drove the car yesterday.... threw the CEL light, but it was an easy fix. My Intake Air Temp sensor plug popped off. Ran the codes again, and all I'm getting is the EGR is closed, which it's not on the car and the sensor is rigged. So that's kewl. Not sure why the other codes magically went away though. :bang:

I had planned to go back through things this w/e. Ended up pulling and replacing the T-5 in my cousin's Fox. That was a load of fun.