Update To My Tranny Issues...

rabidscoobie

10 Year Member
Jun 21, 2007
College Station,TX
Heres the original post....
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?p=7383123#post7383123

Ok heres what was done:
Ram Clutch Kit w/Ford Racing Pilot bearing..old 1 had 4 springs on the disk this 1 has 5...11"disk
Tranny rebuilt t45
New Clutch release fork and Pivot stud
Steeda Clutch cable,quadrant kit w/firewall adjuster
Tri-Ax Shifter also got the 35th anniversary Knob free with it for $159...not bad
Had flywheel resurfaced,ZFord wanted $240 for a new one
But I have some questions now....

It does have a stiffer shift than before.1st question should the clutch feel as if it doesnt have as much pedal movement with these new parts?feels that way to me but ive been driving automatics for the last week so it could be me.Also remember that I think I had the wrong clutch parts in it before thx to Ford,once I got the clutch out I took it to them and they couldnt even tell me what clutch that it was even tho I got it from them...some of the worst people Ive dealt with.
2nd,have far should the pedal lift up before the clutch starts to grab?
3rd,how much free play should the pedal have?Every manual ive had always had self adjusting clutches.
4th,I raised the rear tire put it in nuetral and let off the clutch and there was no movement,so thats good.Now I just gotta find that awefull exhaust leak,something didnt seal good when I put the mid pipe back in.And could I get some tips to make sure I did a proper install or to check and make sure its all working correctly.
Also that Tri-ax is awesome in place of the stock,I would get alot of shifter movement when I gave it some gas and it shake at an idle and goin down the highway,now I get NONE of that...love it.

Now I feel I need to give some really good feedback on where I got the parts from.They are called Latemodel Restoration Supply out of Hewitt Tx just outside of Waco.They have ranked number 6 in the nation for being a Ford Motorsports Dealer.Since I live near I just went and picked up the parts in person,and while I was waiting on them to gather everything this guy walks out and starts talking to me about my car,you what was going on with it what im doing to it,the usual then after he finishes giving some advise he intrduces himself as the owner then when my parts come out he looks at it all then says ill help ya out,he knocked 10 bucks off the shifter then gave me the pilot bearing for free(Ram Clutch i got didnt come with it,not supposed to or at least thats what was told).He says that he will try and beat any local or online prices of which he did without me asking.I would suggest them to anyone,they have alot of parts and offer a flat rate shipping on most items of $14.95,not bad either.If anyone wants to check them out heres the link:

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com

Now after I get the long tubes installed this summer they have a nice Mach1 mock up kit from CDC with the Shaker hood conversion,chin spoiler,3piece grill delete,rear panel,and the mach1 stripes(dont really care for those) for around 1100 I think,I know its not much on a performance boost but does look nice.they had a GT on the showroom with that kit installed and was very nice looking,and looked to be good quality,didnt give that cheapened look that alot of aftermarket kits have.Anyways sorry for the long post.

• Sponsors (?)