Updated Noob

So I just Upgraded my 94 Mustang GT to a 2007 Mustang GT Outlaw Edition.

Now that I have this new car, and been running through the forums I am wondering what is the best Cold Air Intake for the money, and will I need to have it retuned?

Also What kind of Rear Exhaust should I go with that will give me the best deep sound with out having to replace the H pipe yet. I most likely will go with a high flow cats x pipe later as I do not want to void the warranty.

Also any other suggestions on increasing horsepower on the newer Mustangs?

• Sponsors (?)

Out law Edition is Roush Rear Spoiler, Outlaw Edition Stripe Package, Outlaw Edition Hood Scoop Graphic's, Roush Hood Scoop, Ford Racing Wheels.

Here are some pictures of the car.

DSC00923.jpg

DSC00921.jpg

That is just one of the many dealer put together packages. IMO, the stripes are way too narrow. Otherwise it's not a bad looking car. Magnaflow makes a nice muffler for that deep sound with no drone with the stock H. A buddy of mine was running that setup. As far as finding a muffler that sounds good with both the stock H and then later with an X could be tough. Xs sound better with a straight through or muffler delete and the H works better with a chambered muffler.

So It's Sound Like I be better of changing to the High Flow Cat X-pipe and than going with a straight through muffler later? Also I ask about the Cold air and which ones would be best, and I see that some need to be retuned?

I don't see any roush number on the door but I really don't know what I am looking for, but I do have a roush warranty registration, and I was told that this car was finished assembled at roush so who knows.

I know you guys are gung-ho about Bamachips and Brenspeed, but check out a local tuner shop if you live in a big city. Here in AZ we have PSR, AMP, AZDynochip, an me. have not seen Brenspeed make as much power out here in AZ as either PSR or my tuning.

PSR sells SCT tuners too. Just a thought.

I don't think it's really a Roush numbered car, sorry. Anyways, I highly recommend the C&L Racer intake with 88mm maf tube with a Xcal2 or Xcal3 from VMPTuning.com. Both of those items can be ordered through VMP Tuning. I put down 298 rwhp and 314 rwtq with just that intake and a 93 octane tune, even with my heavy 20s. :nice:

I don't think it's really a Roush numbered car, sorry. Anyways, I highly recommend the C&L Racer intake with 88mm maf tube with a Xcal2 or Xcal3 from VMPTuning.com. Both of those items can be ordered through VMP Tuning. I put down 298 rwhp and 314 rwtq with just that intake and a 93 octane tune, even with my heavy 20s. :nice:

Ah, those 20's could be where you lost your torque compared to mine. I still have stock 17s.

Cool thanx for all the info any thoughts on the roush Cold Air intake I know somebody who got one for cheap.

Also I hear underDrive pullys are a good thing to install but I hear horror stories about power Issue, I have the shaker 1000 will that be an issue?

Also while I'm hear asking a million questions, whats a good lower spring set & height to go with I love the way the car rides but I hate the big foot feel it has so I really don't want to rough of a ride I had my 94 5.0 way to low and hated it.

I have to disagree with the straight through mufflers sounding bad with an H-pipe. I have the Steeda Axlebacks and they sound awesome, deep and aggressive with the stock H-pipe. I even got the snobby BMW boys to give me kudos on the sound at the last Auto-X event I attended. Unfortunately my plan calls for switching to an X-pipe design which I hear takes off quite a bit of bass from the sound.

The only plus side I guess would be losing the already minimal drone the stingers have.

I know you guys are gung-ho about Bamachips and Brenspeed, but check out a local tuner shop if you live in a big city. Here in AZ we have PSR, AMP, AZDynochip, an me. have not seen Brenspeed make as much power out here in AZ as either PSR or my tuning.

PSR sells SCT tuners too. Just a thought.

Best idea. I would go with JLT or C&L as far as a good CAI. Personally, I would go with a JLT. I think the look better and that's really the only reason since there is no difference in performance between the two.