Well...I just got a '95 GT to replace the '01 V6.

'66 coupe

Founding Member
Aug 7, 2000
Lakeland, Fl.
My V6 was totalled about 3 weeks ago. Basically a woman driver lost control of her Toyota Camry:shrug: and plowed into my car sending my passenger and I spinning towards oncoming traffic. Luckily the car stopped perfectly aligned in the median despite the wet roads.
227381_56.jpg

227381_57.jpg

The insurance company gave us a really good amount for the V6(more than I may have gotten trying to sell it privately). The final number was also considerably more than the repair estimate. I guess they figured they would lose less by paying more and parting the car out instead of just throwing money at repairs. The damage didn't look that bad but came in at ~$7k(those airbags kicked it up I guess).
A week after the wreck I had to move and quit my job. My dumbass bosses knew I was in a wreck and trying to move into a new house and still scheduled me for a full-time week(I was part-time). I called in like 3 times and said I needed time to find a car. One manager asked what I did on my two days off. I replied by telling him only a moron takes only two days to find a nice used car. Well, when you're moving and trying to find a car, your time is worth more than $8/hr, so I got the hell out of there.

Today my dad and I picked up a Black on Black '95 GT convertible. It needs a little work but we got it for a great price. I like the idea of having a 5.0(instead of a non-PI 4.6) and a convertible. The only modifications are '96-'98 tailights and a styling bar(both are things I may have wanted, but may not have paid for). It also has '94 Cobra wheels which are tolerable for now.
Since it's a pre-'99 my little sister's '01 V6 will be getting my Mach I grill delete. This will be the first(& probably last) mod to the fFlawless 12k-mile car.

So that's where I've been for the past couple weeks. Doesn't look like I missed much, but that's just because the V6 forums are dead.:nice:

On a stranger note, my passenger in the wreck told me yesterday that another lady in a Camry swerved into an Expedition on the interstate causing the SUV to lose control and flip, killing two children inside. We need to start a petition making Women and Camry's an illegal combination.:fuss: :Damnit:

• Sponsors (?)

Finally took some pics of the '95.

2428728_2_full.jpg

2428728_3_full.jpg

2428728_5_full.jpg

I'm starting to like the Cobra rims, but they're scuffed pretty bad, so they'll still be getting replaced.
I crawled under the car and it has Flowmasters, but they have to be Deltas cause the car is silent until you nail the gas. Kinda wish I had taken the Macs off the '01.

RED98 said:
Looks awesome.. I'm sure it feels a bit quicker than the V6 you had before

Not too much actually.:D This car definately needs a tune-up. We'll see after I get that done. It's not gonna stay stock for long though.

On a side note my brother upgraded from his 96 v6 to an 02 GT today.

That's gotta be a HUGE difference. He'll be smiling for a while.

Immortal LuD said:
Just look on eBay from time to time... I messed up one of my '95 Cobra rims, and found a replacement for $25 on eBay... It was the best deal I've ever made! ;)

I'd give up my rims for those anyday. I love em.

Wow. That's a good deal. The '95's are the same just polished with no black paint, right?

I was actually considering getting another set I saw on ebay for like $150, and just picking the best 4/8. But I honestly would really like to get polished '01 Cobras for the '95.
I also have '01 Premium V6 16x7.5's I'm putting on my '66, and as we all know they look REALLY similar to the '96 Cobras and even use the same center caps. I just haven't decided if having two Stangs with similar rims would be a good or bad thing. I'm conflicted...

No black paint, yes. And the center caps don't come to a point in the middle. They're rounded off perfectly.

You're going to put those six banger Cobra wannabe rims on a 1966 Mustang?! Ugh... Just pick up a set of drag lites for that mate, and you'll be set! :)