What Can I Expect

I am going to pull the head off my 1bbl Carbed 2.3L here pretty soon to clean off the carbon and stuff in this motor. I plan on doing some mild porting to the head, port the intake a little and the exhaust manifold. Someone before me has already removed the converter and run a larger pipe back to the muffler. The car is an automatic and a DOG. I also plan on having the head milled while I have it off. I will probably have them take off 50 and if I can get a good deal on a roller ranger camshaft I will put it on. With the 1bbl carb how much will this other stuff help out? Is that carb as much of a restriction as it looks? This motor only has to get me around for a little while as I am building the motor that will eventually take its place. I am putting a full tube front end under the car with a flaming river rack. I am also putting my 8.8 with strange spool and axles under the rear with 4.10 gears and C-Clip Elems on it. Its going to have a cage and subframe connectors as well before it gets the motor. But I cant stand how SLOW this thing is in the mean time. Anyone know what milling the head that much will do to compression on this little motor?

• Sponsors (?)