What wrong with this.. (pics)mustang

fidstang said:
I was wondering what cam you put in it. Some cams use a 351 pattern and some use a 302 pattern. If it uses a different pattern from the stock 302 it may require you to run the spark plug wires from the distributor in a different pattern to the cylinders. Just a thought.
This doesn't matter. The firing order of the 5.0 HO motors are the exact same as a 351w order. That will not make a difference. You need to do a compression test with the rockers off. Don't worry, it will work. Air will get into the cylinders and it will give you compression numbers.

Your first order of business.
Take th eheads to a machine shop(or do it yourself if you have the meens-read straight edge and feeler gauge) and make sure the heads are flat, and not warped.

Get a set of ARP head bolts, or studs your preference.

Bolt the heads on with your standard autozone fel-pro head gaskets.
(Your TFS gaskets may be thinner than a factory gasket, thus holding the valves open)

Do a compressio ntest with no rockers, if all is good, bolt the rockers down and torque, then do another comression test.

• Sponsors (?)

onefaststang said:
Just FYI, the standard fel-pro 9333pt-1 gasket you get at autozone has a compression thickness of .047
The trickflow gasket has a compression thickness of .036 I believe.

WHERE WERE YOU THIS WEEKEND!!! ALSO MY FRIEND IS GOIN OVER THERE TOMORROW TO TAKE THE HEADS OFF AND SEE IF THEY ARE FLAT AND HE BOUGHT FEL-PRO HEAD GASKETS AND ARP HEAD STUDS. then his going to do the test with the rockers off. thanks

ok now what.. My friend went there to work on the pony tonight. He put on new oem head gaskets and arp head bolts(or studs) and every thing was the same?????? So what do I do now, I'll really lost...................!!!!!

mustangsally93 said:
no compersion, with the rockers on or off. oil on the pistion wall..... whats wrong, I don't know..............come on guys please help.....

On all of them?

Or just the corner one like last time?

Have you verified the gauge works?

Lets just hope its nothing serious....

bluevenom867 said:
On all of them?

Or just the corner one like last time?

Have you verified the gauge works?

Lets just hope its nothing serious....

yea the same ones still. We know the gauge works because the other ones are not the same.

I don't know what else it could be the engine ran fine before I took it out. also I'm going back to NE tomorrow and I'm taking the heads to a shop to have them looked at. If its not them was else could it be?????? Rings??? but the engine was fine and it not not like it was throwen around when it was out....

Well, you have verified that it is not a problem with your rockers/valvetrain then.

I guess you could do a leakdown test and see what happens. Shame you have to keep throwning money at headgaskets trying to fix this. Get that head checked to see if it's straight or not. I guess if it's still together you could try to give it 10ftlbs more torque around those bad cylinders and see if anything changes in you rreadings.

Well I'm leaving post now and going back home to take the heads in to get them checked. So by to night I well tell you guys what happened.. Also if this heads come back fine, what should I do?? Thanks, and keep it coming guys, need more input... Johnny 5 and LIVE!!!......(sorry bad movie I know)