Where can i find 2.73 gears

90lxcoupe

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 7, 2003
Anone know where i can find a set of stock 2.73 rear gears, my grandfather has a ford 8.8 rearend in his goldwing trike and he wants to step down from 3.08's

• Sponsors (?)

With all of the gear swaps that are done out there, there has to be a lot of 2.73 ring and pinions sitting in boxes avaliable for probably next to nothing - tried looking in the parts for sale section?

Kman said:
With all of the gear swaps that are done out there, there has to be a lot of 2.73 ring and pinions sitting in boxes avaliable for probably next to nothing - tried looking in the parts for sale section?

thats what i was thinking i looked at the parts section quickly but didnt see anything. if anyone has 2.73's just hanging around i'd pay for them to get shipped to me. also ford dosent sell 2.73's the highest gear they sell is 3.08

90lxcoupe said:
thats what i was thinking i looked at the parts section quickly but didnt see anything. if anyone has 2.73's just hanging around i'd pay for them to get shipped to me. also ford dosent sell 2.73's the highest gear they sell is 3.08

FMS doesn't sell 2.73s. Ford on the other hand, still sells the factory replacements.

90lxcoupe said:
Anone know where i can find a set of stock 2.73 rear gears, my grandfather has a ford 8.8 rearend in his goldwing trike and he wants to step down from 3.08's

Jeff-

I have my stock 2.73's that were in my GT all boxed and ready to go. They are in mint condition with only 45,000 original miles on them. I will sell them to you for $20. Just give me a call, or stop by one day. Chris

I never though i'd see a thread titled "where can i find some 2.73 gears"....lol I'd say junkyards are your best bet, but you can definately get'em from Ford, you'll just pay WAY more than 2.73s are worth.