Wheres my IAT sensor

I have a 01 V6 and recently bought this thing called a Juice Box on Ebay.. First of all, has anyone even heard of thos or used this, and second of all, it says to connect it to the IAT, but I dont seem to have an IAT sensor. I have the Haynes manual for my car and it shows where the IAT should be, but there isnt one. I have an MAF sensor, so I am assuming that the IAT is interconnected, but I cant be sure. Can anyone help with any of this? Thanks so much!!

• Sponsors (?)

Is that the resistor they sell as a "chip" that claims to increase power? What it really does is tell the computer that the intake air is cooler than it really is. That makes the computer add a little more fuel and advance the timing a little. You'll get a bit more power, but more importantly, the engine will be running rich, and the advanced timing may make it detonate when it normally wouldn't. Before long, you'll have big problems, thanks to the "chip". :nono:

My recommendation would be to install your chip in the nearest wastebasket! Your engine will thank you!

Skymarshal said:
Is that the resistor they sell as a "chip" that claims to increase power? What it really does is tell the computer that the intake air is cooler than it really is. That makes the computer add a little more fuel and advance the timing a little. You'll get a bit more power, but more importantly, the engine will be running rich, and the advanced timing may make it detonate when it normally wouldn't. Before long, you'll have big problems, thanks to the "chip". :nono:

My recommendation would be to install your chip in the nearest wastebasket! Your engine will thank you!

Well hey, thanks for that, good to know in advance!! :notnice: That aside, I know if I eventually install a CAI I will need to know where that IAT is, do you know anything about that? Also, I was reading about the magnaflow exhaust systems, do you or anyone you know have any ideas on how much this costs?