wheres my radiator fluid going?

blkstangman88

Apr 6, 2004
if a head gaskets not blown, then where is all my radiator fluid going? ive torn down the block and there no cracks, the head gaskets were fine, where could the water have gone??? its a 88 gt mustang with a stock 302 if anyone can help, plz do.

• Sponsors (?)

blkstangman88 said:
if a head gaskets not blown, then where is all my radiator fluid going? ive torn down the block and there no cracks, the head gaskets were fine, where could the water have gone??? its a 88 gt mustang with a stock 302 if anyone can help, plz do.

heater core leaking?!?!? :shrug: when you start the car and you have the heat on do you smell any coolant? or start the car and turn the fan all the way, if you smell any coolant then your heater core leaks....

I was in the same predicament for a while. I had a fast leak but couldn't find it. I would park the car and watch for leaks etc and nothing, then i would come back and it would have leaked and stuff like that, very frustrating. So i started feeling all around the engine, finding where it could possibly be leaking at all and i found a hose whose clamp needed tightening and viola, no more leak. I have no idea how that small leak let out so much coolant in only one day. So my advice is to check all hoses, heater core (check for wet carpet on inside of vehicle), of course the radiator itself etc. If you've done all of that, i dunno what else you can do. Maybe someone else will...
-E

i havnt checks the heater core yet, but i checked all the hoses and there all clean and not cracked, and all the hoses were nice and tight, the radiator is fine. umm....i havnt put carpet in my car yet, so i figured the water would just sit in my floor board if the heater core was cracked, but then again i do smel a lil coolant with the heater on. ill go over it all again tonight.