Emissions delete help!!

86whitevert

Jun 4, 2021
Washington
IMG_5063.jpeg
IMG_5062.jpeg

I watched a YouTube video on how to go about deleting emissions/egr stuff, and after I got done taking out the egr/smog solenoids I realized that my year of fox is different . This guy mentioned reusing the check valve on that big old vacuum line and plugging back into an elbow on the firewall, but I don’t have that elbow. Is it fine as is in the photo, or am I missing something? It’s an 86 5.0 .

• Sponsors (?)

The problem with deleting those lines is the HVAC lines and vac reservoir for the HVAC is intermixed with them.

1714743760151.png

Your setup is a little bit different but it should mostly mimic the above. SInce I see you are deleting the EGR (which i think is more trouble than it's worth) you would be removing what is highlighted in yellow. What you should do instead is ID what is needed to route (after the blue check valve) to the vacuum reservior inside the pass fender, and then to the HVAC controls (vac line throgh the firewall where the EVAP core is). Everything else can come off.

Really no point deleting the charcoal canister (bottom right of diagram).

The problem with deleting those lines is the HVAC lines and vac reservoir for the HVAC is intermixed with them.

1714743760151.png

Your setup is a little bit different but it should mostly mimic the above. SInce I see you are deleting the EGR (which i think is more trouble than it's worth) you would be removing what is highlighted in yellow. What you should do instead is ID what is needed to route (after the blue check valve) to the vacuum reservior inside the pass fender, and then to the HVAC controls (vac line throgh the firewall where the EVAP core is). Everything else can come off.

Really no point deleting the charcoal canister (bottom right of diagram).
I tried to find some stuff on youtube or elsewhere on rerouting whatever is after the blue check valve, but the 86 model year seems to have slightly different vac lines. It seemed like what i was taking out was somehow completely seperate from the HVAC and vac reservoir? When I removed the smog and egr solenoids i tried tracing them back and they didnt connect back to the main vac stuff (I dont think)

Its worth mentioning that under normal cicrumstances i would totally leave it in place, but the car was delivered In half-tore apart form. i kinda wanted to save myself the hassle and just get rid of all the old crap thats half connected.