Build Thread My Never Ending 89 Notch Thread

In my head at least, it's better to do what you did than to have it too thin and have to shim something like that.
Even shimming it would’ve been ok. McMaster car makes this super thin shims that work great .

This thing has plenty of meat on it though so it’s not even a thought

• Sponsors (?)

Awesome car! I found this thread via searching "Dual sync" and started reading from pg 268 and just could not stop! Great thread!!
I got the Terminator and wondering if the dual sync distributor is worth the upgrade?

Awesome car! I found this thread via searching "Dual sync" and started reading from pg 268 and just could not stop! Great thread!!
I got the Terminator and wondering if the dual sync distributor is worth the upgrade?
You found a good thread to to follow for sure. His car is one of the best here!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Thank you very much . For me it was . My car started much easier and you could hear the difference in the engine .

I also had my stock dist from 1989 though

Okay, you sold me! I will buy it! Are you running the additional fuel pressure sensor for the Terminator? They mentioned this, and now wondering if I should order it.
I have an hp I have had a Holley on my car since 2018 .
Yes I run fuel pressure , oil pressure , I have trans temp logged as well .

• Love
IMG_4770.jpeg

Getting ready for track rental next weekend . Fresh plugs ( year old ) ordered 3 more sets because I also have 15 gal of c16 and 2 pulleys to go down :cool:

Cleaned up engine bay a little as well

Got new belts , changed the 02 . Had Weldon check the pump . Heat wrapped some lines and stuff that I should’ve a long time ago . Drove it 60 miles yesterday ran great . Made a nice little high gear pull on highway only to 6500 felt good

For reference it went 9.53 off the foot brake on pump gas ( spraying meth) at only 16 psi peak and 14.8 drgeees of timing LOL That was on a 3.33 pulley . I have a 3.12 and 2.95 im bringing .

Also my one of favorite views

IMG_4842.jpeg

• Hell Yeah!
  • Drool
Reactions: 8 users
For reference it went 9.53 off the foot brake on pump gas ( spraying meth) at only 16 psi peak and 14.8 drgeees of timing LOL That was on a 3.33 pulley . I have a 3.12 and 2.95 im bringing

Good God that’s rolling out. What’s your best hopes for this round? Is sub 9’s a possibility?
Your car is what my car wants to be when it grows up! I’ll get there eventually. I just put in a fuel pump over the weekend and felt accomplished.

Last edited:
Good God that’s rolling out. What’s your best hopes for this round? Is sub 9’s a possibility?
Your car is what my car wants to be when it grows up! I’ll get there eventually. I just put in a fuel pump over the weekend and felt accomplished.
Hoping to go 30s maybe a high to mid 20 on tbe 3.12

Maybe sub 9 sec on the 2.95 . The goal is a 8 second ride

So I’ve been battling an oil leak since i changed the oil 2 days ago . I had two perfect lines parallel with my pulleys. Back the car up and Same thing . So I’m thinking cuz I fill my oil behind the ps pump on the front of my valve cover some spilt . Drive the car 38 mile to. My moms it’s fine .

Get on it on the way home and some oil mist again . Do some digging and it turns out the front blower Seal on the shaft is leaking . So I make some calls . I order up a seal . Pull blower apart ( yes they frown upon this ). Knocked seal out and put a new one in .

Finished that ran it - oil leak fixed . Then had to re clean the engine bay and oil off again .

Found my T stat gasket was seeping coolant . The gasket turned real nasty . Wanted to put water in the car anyway so I fixed that and swapped over to water for the track rental .

Here it is with a totally polished blower and clean yet again LOL

Pic from last year as well . Off idle off footbrake
IMG_4893.jpeg
IMG_4872.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users
What does your intercooler pros/cons list look like?
Pros - 15-20 above ambient at all times .

Cons - I bought another intake manifold ( box r ) to put the piping on opposite side that needs to be ported and powder coated .

Moving and finding a place for my trans cooler

Piping

Trimming the hole bigger open on the front bumper

I spent 1100 because I wanted a quality unit - bell core - billet end tanks.

Reactions: 1 users
Pros - 15-20 above ambient at all times .

Cons - I bought another intake manifold ( box r ) to put the piping on opposite side that needs to be ported and powder coated .

Moving and finding a place for my trans cooler

Piping

Trimming the hole bigger open on the front bumper

I spent 1100 because I wanted a quality unit - bell core - billet end tanks.

Now, you're just trying to seduce me. :fap:

• Haha