BBRC 14 gallon aluminum fuel tank
I had the tank powder coated in the black. I was originally going to go silver, but decided I would like the black better because it will not stand out as much with the Cobra rear bumper. I'll have a black fitting and black braided line coming out of the sump. Trying to keep things stealth here.
The straps are still bare aluminum. I may have them coated silver for contrast. Still undecided on that yet.
Fuel pump setup.
Consists of a pre-pump filter, 1300hp pump, and post-pump filter with a built-in check valve. The damn filters are longer than I thought.
I also got an electronic fuel pressure regulator from Fuelab.
The regulator also doubles as a pump controller. It controls voltage to the pump based on engine demand. These big pumps must run at reduced voltage when just cruising around or else they will burn up. The regulator does the job that an external controller would. I'm pretty sure Fuelab is the only company with technology like this. Pretty cool stuff.
Fuel pump bracket.
I'm not drilling the holes in the body until I know exactly where I want to mount the bracket, but this kind of shows how it will all be mounted.
Fuelab says that the pump should be mounted as low as possible, but it's not the end of the world if it's a few inches above the sump outlet on the tank. I 'd prefer to have the pump hidden behind my Cobra bumper, but I'll live if it shows a little. I'm trying to keep the car somewhat sleeperish, and a huge 1300hp pump sicking out the back doesn't scream sleeper. Then again, neither does the sumped tank or exposed braided fuel line out the back.
Below is the restoration of the IRS subframe and parts. I would have liked to just have everything poweder coated, but all the IRS parts already have the Full-Tilt bushings installed, and they are a major PITA to get out and put back in, so chassis paint will have to do!
Cleaned up the IRS half shafts.
Here's all the IRS parts ready to go...
The upper subframe brackets were powder coated in a semi-gloss black.
One thing I forgot to do when the car was on its side was to expand the lower torque boxes. When I mocked up the IRS, it was a real PITA to get the lower subframe mounts to squeeze into the torque box buckets, and that was just with a bare subframe. It will be much more difficult with a fully loaded IRS.
Took a 1/2" rod, some fender washers, and two nuts and expanded the heck out of them. The black marks on the threaded rod are the original position.
I should have bought enough hardware to do both sides at the same time, but I'm not that smart.
I did manage to get the IRS back together save the differential. Didn't torque everything down yet, but at least there aren't a dozen parts laying all over my garage.
Greased all the fittings and torqued everything together. She's all ready to go now.
Yes, there is only one caliper mounted for now. I made the foolish mistake of ordering 2 left hand calipers online. I unfortunately did not realize I did that until I went to paint them. The unfortunate part is that I used G2 caliper paint which is a 2-part system. I already mixed in the reactor, and then noticed I screwed up with the calipers. It wasn't a big deal to return the caliper and get the proper one, but now I have to order another caliper paint kit. Oh well. The calipers did turn out nice though. The mounting brackets are powder coated.
The front calipers and spindles were also painted in the same silver.